Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/homeless-people-line-up-in-...

Video in which enterprising young men pay homeless people to wait in line for PS3s which the young men then resell on Ebay to stupid people for amazing profits!

Adam Smith would have been proud!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole waiting in line, selling on ebay, buying on ebay is just one long chain of idiots...I feel for no one in that chain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The people that purchase it for a higher price on ebay probably have many moneys to spare so we probably don't have to feel sorry for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a report on the PS3 line at my local best buy. It seems that pretty much every single person in line was just going to sell the console on eBay.

Given that at least 50% of the US consoles are going to be sold on the secondary market, will all those people end up making way less money than they expected. I mean, I don't see over two hundred thousand consoles being sold on eBay/Amazon in the same week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nairb Attobas
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be interesting to see where they set the initial bid price, if they elect to do so. If there's thousands of them available on eBay, I suspect/hope the $2000 price won't hold for real long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Geez! I haven't got anything against capitalism per se, but this seems like a particularly predatory type. Did I catch that right? This guy hired fifty homeless men to stand in line for him? And if you consider that they'll each get a ticket to buy, he'll be purchasing fifty PS3s . . . selling them at profit, I'm sure . . . and making, . . . how much do you figure?

And he thinks he's doing these guys a favor by buying them sandwiches and giving them a couple bucks?

Yeah, seems predatory to me.

100 dollars a day seems like a decent amount to me but I'm just a foreigner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon W.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I hope he made those hobos sign a contract. Actually, I hope he didn't. What's he gonna do when the homeless guy walks off with the thing to sell to someone else on the corner? Sue him? Good luck on collection there, buddy.

Well, at least I can be content in the fact that the new playstation will probably suck the most out of all the next gen consoles. I still feel for the manipulated and unprotected homeless of our nation. It's bad enough people kill them for fun in the name of "bum fights" or whatever evil, POS disgrace they call it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's just ...

And did I read right? That store is only going to have 8 units to sell anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel better that I don't have the money to get a PS3. I had the idea to toy speculate this year but it looks like everyone else has the same idea.

I want a Wii for the handgun simulator, myself. It's cheaper too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
The whole waiting in line, selling on ebay, buying on ebay is just one long chain of idiots...I feel for no one in that chain.

Buying something for $600 and then selling it the same day for $2600, sounds smart to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djflippy wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Buying something for $600 and then selling it the same day for $2600, sounds smart to me...

I agree. Harvard Business School should give that dude an honorary MBA for Financial Wizardness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djflippy wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

No, what's smart is working a good job that pays you that every week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the going rate right now for a PS3 premium 60 gig is about $1100 on ebay. Not the $2600 everyone thought. So that about $400-$500. For a 4 day campout for 96 hours that is making about $5.03 an hour. WOW, that isn't even minimum wage. Idiots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.