Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

PitchCar» Forums » General

Subject: Pitchcar regular vs mini rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goddammit! Quality and on time delivery are not mutually exclusive!
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read a lot of good things about pitchcar and I'm seriously thinking about getting this game. The question is which version should I get?

I definetely like the price of the mini better, but how much smaller is it?

Does the difference in size affect the fun factor?

Please give me any feedback

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't played either one, but I'm in the same boat you are. Actually, I decided to go with Pitchcar regular because the price difference wasn't all that much and the tokens seem nicer with the regular version. (Embossed surfaces, not just stickers) Plus I figured it'd be easier to flick a larger token and the greater mass and surface area would keep them from flopping around on the track as much. But then again, I'm doing all this figuring in my mind since I haven't played it yet. But I ordered it last night and it's on it's way here.

I just wish the extensions were'nt so expensive. I hope you enjoy whichever you get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

Unless there has been a change to PitchCar since I bought mine in the spring, you will be stickering the cars. Maybe the original Carabande had embossed cars? But never fear, you'll have a blast with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P_J_Keller wrote:
I've read a lot of good things about pitchcar and I'm seriously thinking about getting this game. The question is which version should I get?

I definetely like the price of the mini better, but how much smaller is it?

Does the difference in size affect the fun factor?

Please give me any feedback

Thanks

Both the regular and mini versions are good choices: buy the regular version if you don't mind the extra cost and the space it requires to build more complex tracks.

The mini version is about 2/3 of the regular version, it is somewhat cheaper, takes less space and has similar expansions as the regular Pitchcar.

But... it is harder for adults to control the smaller and lighter cars!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have nothing to add about Pitchcar, but Carabande (original and Audi versions) had stickered cars, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ACK ACK wrote:
Chris,

Unless there has been a change to PitchCar since I bought mine in the spring, you will be stickering the cars. Maybe the original Carabande had embossed cars? But never fear, you'll have a blast with it.

Maybe I'm putting too much faith in the pictures I've seen on the publisher's website. I guess it's a minor detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Fortin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first PitchCar edition had embossed cars but it has been replaced with stickers for the latest edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the space, get the full version.

I think the Mini version is closer to 1/3 the size of the full version. I know I was shocked by how much smaller it was.

If that's not an issue either way, here is my 2 cents...

Full: Easier to play. More forgiving for bad shots. Really big. More a "power" game.

Mini: Less forgiving, but seems to take more skill. You need to get better at balancing the power behind shots, because the cars will fly off if you use too much. My kids seem to be better at this one. It fits easily on my table, where full version hangs over the edge a bit on some tracks.

Right now, I am going to sell my copy of the full version on ebay soon, to get a little extra christmas money. This is not an easy decision though. I enjoy both versions alot, and everybody enjoy the game either way. i would prefer to keep the full version, but the mini game is no less fun, just a different experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Dye
United States
Abingdon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how big exactley is the biggest track I was wondering if it would fit on my kitchen table. Im really stoked about this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc lecours
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
for the biggest track layouts we play on the floor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.