Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen R. Welch
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I've figured out how to insert a hyperlink in BGG forum posts, but the best I can do is to insert the actual URL ... not very elegant when long URLs are involved.

I'd like to be able to display a simple "Click here" with the URL embedded in the "Click here." Know how to do this in HTML, but having trouble here ...

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Stephen,

I'm not sure if what you're trying to do is actually possible. When using long URLs in posts, I just convert it using www.tinyurl.com. You may want to check that out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm not mistaken, all HTML-like text is scrubbed from your post so that you don't post something that breaks the site when a page is displayed with your bogus html.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
SRWelch00 wrote:
I've figured out how to insert a hyperlink in BGG forum posts, but the best I can do is to insert the actual URL ... not very elegant when long URLs are involved.

Don't worry about long url's, it will be displayed in shortened form automatically (but still link to the full url given).

The display code is looking for www. or http:// prefixes by the way

Also as Tom said there's always tinyurl but personally I only like to use that when the url contains something that BGG doesn't think is part of the url (such as having another http:// as part of the query string)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.