Popular Tags: [View All]
P M Doneghy
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Introduction
Turn your watch back to 1989 this is the game of useless TV knowledge this is MTV’s Remote Control. I first played this game at a former co-workers house and fell in love with it. It is a definite throwback to the old MTV game show of the same name and is great to play at parties (if your guests are in their 30’s). Since all the questions were printed in 1989 the game is dated but if you love the 80’s like VH1 says we do then the dated materials won’t bother you that much.

What's in the Box?
The game board is quite impressive its BIG! its BLUE! its PLASTIC! It is supposed to represent a wall of TVs each on a different channel. A pack of double-sided game category sheet that side into the TV Wall is included. These sheets correspond to the host’s game question booklet. 3 team clickers and score cards and a timer. The components are bright and colorful and the design very”80’s.”

Channel 1
The Game and it components are built to last. I bought the game second hand off ebay and it was in perfect condition. The sturdy plastic TV Wall and clickers are made to withstand the wear and tear of repeated play. There are a couple of things I don’t care for: the covers for the TV wall have a tendency to randomly fall of during game play and exposing what’s on the hidden channels and the score cards with number wheel are completely useless sine they do not stay in place and teams are constantly questioning each others scores.

On the Air!
Game play is as follows: Contestants pick a channel from the nine numbered channels on the TV Wall. Each channel contains a different category. Each category contains two questions. The team with the most points once all channels have been cleared wins the game and gets to advance to the Lightening or “Think Real Fast” bonus round.

Sweeps Week
This game is more fun then a barrel full of Bradys! The makers of this game truly managed to capture the spirit and feel of the old game show. With categories like Brady Physics, Dead or Alive and Surprise! (which contains threats or treats doled out from character cards like Ranger Bob or “the Stud boy” originally played by Adam Sandler on the show).

Cancel it!
One major problem with this game (at least with my copy) is the Host answer book is misprinted and the game numbers in the book and the game numbers on the cards do not match. All the games are in the book you just have to match them up yourself. Other then that and the dated material this game is a lot of fun.

Now A Word From Our Sponsors
I REALLY like this game in spite of the flaws mentioned above. What I like about it the most is the way the questions are written and the game is set-up you can have as much fun being the Host as you would being a contestant.

I would give Remote Control an 7.5 out of 10 rating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.