Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Green
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The BaM Tourney went well. We had a surprise visit from Bowen Simmons, the 'Designer Himself,' who made a cameo appearance! Not only that, but he stayed around and watched the entire first round, making pointers, or in his phrasing, "Just asking questions," said, with a wry smile.

Yet the most interesting moment of the day, began before the Tournament officially 'sounded the cannon,' in that Bowen brought his new game, one-step removed from being published! Yes, Napoleon's Triumph was waltzed out on a table for all to see. When I say waltzed, I am not talking about 6th grade PE class, I am talking about 18th Century Grand Ballroom Waltzing with the Glitterati, of the day, making their 'announced' appearances!

When he unfolded the map, we thought, "Oh, yes, Martha! This is it!" Then when we realized that, 'the map,' was merely, "the First Map," and that a second one was summarily unfolded, to double the footprint, the awe, the white of the eyeball, the drop of the jaw, and the world slowed to a crawl...

The map, is by all means gorgeous! Bursting at the seams with gallantry, subtlety, and, rare beyond compare, an actual "elevation map key" illustrating the various colors, and the corresponding 'real-world' height changes in feet/ meters! Stunning.

The blocks look familiar, in the BaM way, yet there they are...The Heavy Cavalry, and the Grand Artillary, devastating, just sitting there in the box. Can't imagine the impact of it in battle. The flags for the commanders are a work of art, and the zinc platforms, for the leadership posts, well, let's just say, they, visually fit right in, in addition to their 'brushed metal texture.

Now, if all that isn't enough to make you 'wish' that you had gone to the BaM Tournament, afterall, I don't know what will. The tournament, itself, lasted Two Rounds, and, surprisingly enough, I ended up taking home the 1st Annual Bonaparte at Marengo "Victory in the Field" Trophy. Next year, we'll be at it again, and maybe you can make it, next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any pictures of Napoleon's Triumph?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Green
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought of taking them, while Bowen had the game set-up, yet I felt it was more of "his place" to do so, than mine, so I chose not to take any photos of this magnificent looking game. He did mentiont that it should be on the shelves in January, barring any other issues with the maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only mental ones which we will selfishly withhold from all those not there.

Seriously though, I don't think anyone was organised enough to get out a camera so you'll just have to make do with descriptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What battle/campaign does Napoleon's triumph cover ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Austerlitz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.