Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I must be missing something. Each of the six areas can only have one headline, right? So, since there is no real movement and characters can be placed anywhere...what's the point of dividing each area up into 4 districts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you can have multiple heroes on the ground there to troubleshoot... that's my thinking anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Mistiaen
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But then the rules seem to imply that you're not restricted to one Hero per district. Moreover, you cannot use Heroes that are in the same area but in another district to help in a given Troubleshooting action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Why would heros be in the same area as their teammates but not the same district (where the headline trouble is)? Isn't it way too expensive to place heros on the board for no reason?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Mills
Guernsey
Vale
msg tools
mbmbmb
I only had time for a quick glance through the first half of the rules last night, but is it not so that each of the four (possible) players can each have a superhero in the district, hence there is a district for each possible player?

There maybe something that stops other players going to the same area I dont know, but from my quick look does that make sense?

Al.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sellers
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What's the point of having different districts withen ar
Maybe…
- During the previous game round you solve a headline thus cleaning up the area and district.
- Phase 1: Game Round Setup -> Draw New Headlines: If you lucky (1 in 4 as there are 4 districts) you get a juicy headline in the district you are currently occupying.
- Phase 2: Planning -> Step 2 Assign Super Hero Status: you are allowed to leave your Hero where he is in district and on the board.
- Phase 3: Missions -> Troubleshooting!: If you where lucky you can bypass the movement step and save that action for something more important.

Or maybe…
-One of the scenarios has special rules regarding specific districts. The circle district always has its trouble increased by 2
-One of the scenarios allows multiple headlines per area thus possible filling more districts or making a single district even more dangerous.

Or maybe
-It’s for more use the in Marvel Heroes expansion!

Any word on an expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
David is right, the main point of multiple Districts is to avoid that Hero just "stay there" waiting for the next Headline to fall onto them.

You can have multiple Heroes (both of the same player and of multiple players) in the same District, there's plenty of room in each

And of course a more articulated board with buildings and districts leave the game open for future developments - but this is just a side effect, I won't say anithing about an Expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thompson
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
An interesting optional rule might be to allow a Hero a free move to an adjacent district providing the hero has a skill which matches the Headline they are moving into, so Hulk and the Thing would always be on the lookout for their next Fight, Daredevil would have an eye out for local Crime etc. (I'm guessing he has this Skill).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.