Subject: Reprint? Someday? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Join our Berks Boardgamers group (Hamburg, Pa) via Facebook!
badge
Ah, the diabolical Dice … a word of caution; don't throw them when you're alone. The fiends lack loyalty, and their notion of nourishment is quite disturbing.
mbmbmbmbmb
sbabcock and I were just discussing this game today. There was some pretty good buzz about this when it first came out. I had a chance to play it once and really liked it alot. Sure the art needed a little (LOT) of help but I figured a re-release was definitely in this game's future. But now, two years later, I can only wonder if that'll ever happen! I noticed one of the designers, Tobias Stapelfeldt, just came out with Space Dealer which is a little more polished and has been well received. Is there any chance that with his recent success that a publisher will finally pcik up Neuland?

I sure hope so, as do the other 74 people who have this on their "want list".

-Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see this reprinted as well, even though it isn't on my want list.

I remember seeing this available when it came out, but the initial word on it was mixed enough, and the price was high enough that I was wary.

It definitely seems like another 500 or so would be easy to get rid of though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been confused for quite some time as to why no one has picked this up.

I got my copy right after I heard Ted Cheatam's audio review back on GeekSpeak BoargameSpeak, and I'm glad I did.

The game is a bag of wood and some cardboard tiles...it wouldn't even be hard or expansive to produce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
You: Shhhhhh! Stop talking about it. I am trying to get one of the 300 copies from somebody. I don't need anyone else finding out about the game!! cry

Them:
Psst. You there. With Neuland. What do you want for your copy? I can get it. Yes, I can. ninja

Me: What the heck am I thinking? This game is not worth oodles of dollars. Something reasonable perhaps, but not killer. surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I just spent enough for Trough the Ages, someone reprint this soon, so I don't have to play loads for every game I like that was only available at some table at essen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes. I'm glad I bought this when it was available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ixnay66 wrote:
Yikes. I'm glad I bought this when it was available.
Yeah, yeah, Chris. Rub it in! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be possibly reprinted... see the last paragraph of Patrick Korner post at http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

I'm told by little birdies that a reprint of Neuland might be on the horizon, but that nothing is set in stone. Much depends on finding an amenable US publishing partner to defray the production cost, and negotiations are not yet completed.

Given RGG is involved in Egg's current release, and reprints of past ones, it could be RGG they are in negotations with, but either way, hopefully we'll see it at some point become a reality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Ah, the diabolical Dice … a word of caution; don't throw them when you're alone. The fiends lack loyalty, and their notion of nourishment is quite disturbing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross my fingers and say a little prayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brafman
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add me to the list of those wanting to buy one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Eggert is interviewed by Alan How in the latest issue of Counter magazine (issue 38). In answer to the question about reprinting Neuland, he says 'Yes, we want to reprint Neuland next year'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb

I'm interested as well. Looks like a fairly deep but compact game, which is exactly the kind of game I like. The price history says a few people have paid $60 for it, so I would think a reprint at a reasonable publisher's price with the additional buzz and attention would be pretty good for sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
The retail price point for the game when it was originally brought to the States was $60 (at online stores, specifically Boulder, who generally are very competitive), so that's a reasonable price to pay.

I'm glad to hear it's being reprinted, and hopefully on a larger scale this time. It might bring the price down another tenner or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Stapelfeldt
Germany
Lüneburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are actually planning the Reprint. Feel free to post anything you wish to see in the new version. ... and yes we will make a complete new illustration.

Greetings
Tobias
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo hoo! Any idea how long until release? 2008 or 2009?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glomeor wrote:
We are actually planning the Reprint. Feel free to post anything you wish to see in the new version. ... and yes we will make a complete new illustration.

Greetings
Tobias
Woo Hoo! That is great to hear!

Perhaps add a little color to the tiles. I need to find one of the rare copies and play it to make additional suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Trimmer
United States
Houston
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I need to break out my copy for a play. Bought it from Boulder and never opened it up.

So many games, so little time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glomeor wrote:

Out of curiosity, who is "we" that plans the reprint?

If it helps keep or bring the cost down, smaller wooden pieces would be fine (they don't need to be so large!).

Is this going to be co-published with Rio Grande Games for the US market?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Out of curiosity, who is "we" that plans the reprint?

To answer my own question, you are one of the designers! Cool! You should have BGG give you a "designer" badge that links to your designers page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrimChris wrote:
I guess I need to break out my copy for a play. Bought it from Boulder and never opened it up.

So many games, so little time...

Ah-ha! So you were one of the limited 300 holding onto this game for years so we could not get it. angryangry

P.S. I gave Tobias the game designer badge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this again last night with my 12 year old. To be honest, while the cardboard parts could easily be more colorful, the graphic design is nice (and completely functional) as is.

If you wanted to get fancy, a little jigsaw frame for the board (like the one included in Cities and Knights) might be nice; but regardless of any alteration considered I can't see any of the existing 300 owners petitioning you to reconsider a change!

(#22/300)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Stapelfeldt
Germany
Lüneburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
Ah-ha! So you were one of the limited 300 holding onto this game for years so we could not get it. angryangry

Thank you

Perhaps we'll meet each other next year at the SPIEL'08 in Essen and I can give you your brand new NeuLand, if it should be ready by then.

Greetings
Tobias
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to! I can get you to sign it! Woo hoo!

No all I have to do is get there. Do you need anyone to help demo it?

Glomeor wrote:
Solamar wrote:

Thank you

Perhaps we'll meet each other next year at the SPIEL'08 in Essen and I can give you your brand new NeuLand, if it should be ready by then.

Greetings
Tobias

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the changes in art and rules will make this a game that I will try again. I traded off my copy after about 4 games, knowing that the endgame came down to a blocking strategy that took the rest of the game into a downhill spiral in the fun dept. With the fixes I hope that the game will shine as much as Roads and Boats does for a similar enjoyment factor. And maybe my copy this time won't be creased down the middle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See you at essen '08

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.