Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From reading through the rules (I haven't played it yet) I get a sense that the Great Wall scenario may have a similar feel to Elasund.

If someone is not too fond of basic Settlers, but does like Elasund, would the Great Wall scenario be one to recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played The Great Wall once, but it's pretty much a standard Settlers game -- except that now, in order to keep your numbers from being blocked, you have to build even more expensive structures (the wall segments). If you already dislike Settlers, I'm going to go out on a limb a say that you'll probably hate The Great Wall.

Elasund is really only about as similar to TGW as it is to standard Settlers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should add that the Troy scenario in the "Historische Szenarien II" set is definitely more of a departure from standard Settlers than TGW -- adding team play, abstracted battle, and strategic placement of boats.

If you don't particularly like Settlers, I doubt you'll enjoy TGW, but you may come around on Troy. Just sayin'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.