Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Thomas
United States
Alma
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be in the greater Grand Rapids area from Jan. 18-23 and was wondering if there is anybody there that knows of some organized gaming going on.

If so, please drop me a GeekMail.

Thanks!

PT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm lazy; I can't be bothered to geekmail, and you should just turn on forum notifications anyway.

East Lansing is about 45 minutes to an hour from downtown GR and has a gaming group meeting at the FLGS at 1 p.m. on the 3rd Saturday, Jan. 20. http://lansingboardgamers.com/home/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say for sure this far in advance, but I'm sure that we can work something out. We've got a fairly active group of geeks here - remind us of your impending arrival after the holidays and I'm sure that we can pull something together.

There is an outside chance that we'll have a big game day happening, but if we don't then I'm sure that we can get a smaller group together.

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Yope
United States
Saint Clair
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure Paul knows about the Lansing Boardgaming Group get togethers since he used to live on the west side of the Detroit metro area and has met the Lansing guys before.

He is asking probably asking about the GR possibilities since it would seem that he will be in the area having come down from the UP! I don't see him having the flexibility (or the understanding of his wife) to then drive over to the Lansing area.

Just a guess. No nastiness intended. He didn't state the fact that he would be in GR from out of town so you didn't know under what circumstances he would be operating under.

Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Paul,

As Tony said, with some advance notice in January it shouldn't be hard for us to get together some people to game at least one of those days.

We often have friday night sessions about that time of the month, so you might even luck out and end up hitting that event as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks as if we have sold out our room block for the National Block Party. The rate I was quoted was $85.00. I will check and see if I can get an expansion of the room block. The tourneys are set and will have a short demo before the start.

Tourneys are Hammer of the Scots, Diplomacy, Game of Thrones, Commands & Colors: Ancients, Clash for a Continent, War of 1812 and Liberty. We will have con T-shirts, a vendor and F2F Gaming.

Preregister price is $25, $30 at the door and $10 for a one day entry...

http://www.ohiovalleygamers.org/nationalblockparty.html for more information....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Room Block Update

I went to the hotel and spoke with them. The hotel increased our block. However, you must call the hotel directly. Our original room block was really small, so there are rooms available.

Call 877-451-2595

Have a Merry Christmas!

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
ric manns wrote:
Room Block Update

I went to the hotel and spoke with them. The hotel increased our block. However, you must call the hotel directly. Our original room block was really small, so there are rooms available.

Call 877-451-2595

Have a Merry Christmas!

Ric

This is not the thread you're looking for.

Seriously, what does a con in Ohio, have to do with gaming in Grand Rapids, Michigan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason,

Sorry if I offended you, but we have a couple of guys that come down from Lansing and Grand Rapids. I just thought this was the board they followed.

No offense intended.....have a happy Holiday!

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lohroff
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Paul. We have a game night scheduled for 1/19. Send me a geek mail and I'll get you the details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.