Subject: World War 2 ETO game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wargames [+] WWII [+] identify [+] [View All]
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for the name of a WWII ETO game I saw on the internet a few years back. The game board was very small, probably only 8.5" x 11" and the pieces represented armies or army groups. I saw it on a site that was giving an AAR on the game with pictures of the game. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
FWIW, IDK WTF "ETO" (or "AAR", FTM) means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Guttag
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like it might be the original Metagames version of Hitler's War:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2168

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:

TYOATIAFHQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Holmquist
United States
Oreland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
European Theater of Operations
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2447

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
I know its not Hitler's War or ETO by TSR. Thanks for the answers though. I saw the game on an internet web site that I have now lost. It was a hex game that was very small. It probably had only 50 or so counters. I've googled for pictures of it but can't find anything. It did look like an actual game that was produced by a company and not a home brew game. Don't know if that helps anyone or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jl4130 wrote:
thatmarkguy wrote:

Heh. Hoitytoity grognards: point and laugh at the sissy Eurogamer!

He's just trolling anyway. From his games list, no interest in the title subject, just wanted to some in and make his point about how these nasty wargamers aren't BGG-friendly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be The Big One (Gamefix) - 120 counters, 11x17 map.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/10590

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
gbohrer wrote:
jl4130 wrote:
thatmarkguy wrote:

Heh. Hoitytoity grognards: point and laugh at the sissy Eurogamer!

He's just trolling anyway. From his games list, no interest in the title subject, just wanted to some in and make his point about how these nasty wargamers aren't BGG-friendly.

Yeesh. Humourless much? With two threads active today on the proliferation of people using unexplained abbreviations thereby causing confusion ( http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/135627 and http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/135463 ), I poked a little fun at a post that had not one, but two three-letter-acronyms. The first and only unfriendly wargamer I encountered in this thread came long after my tongue-in-cheek lighthearted post.

It really was meant to be taken in jest, not as 'trolling'. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No sweat, Mark. Just a little touchy 'bout 'Snoots pointing out how we wargamers (Ameritrashers, Monopoly players, family gamers, card game players) don't REALLY belong on BGG. Sorry if I shot from the hip.

And I do have an excuse for popping in a whole five hours after your post; I was out most of the day. Sorry you missed out on the flamewar we coulda had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Now I just know I never would have had a chance in that war anyway. Talk about terrain disadvantage!

No harm, no foul. I'll retreat three hexes off this board and save my acronym jabs for people who use "SoC" as an abbreviation and let the readers guess whether they're talking about Settlers of Catan or Shadows over Camelot.

-Mark (whose most recent gaming dollar was spent on a Richard Borg design - a eurosnoot/grognard middle ground?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a look at The Big One. That might be the game. One of the reviews said there was an earlier version. Does anyone know what that was called? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.