Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just bought five copies of Loco from funagain, to use as stocking stuffers. The rules are in Swedish or something, so I'll need to print out a quick english summary of the rules. They're certainly simple enough, and I can probably type out something servicable. However, I was hoping that someone else had already made a quick English ruleset.

Anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, one of the reviews has enough information to almost know how to play, so I went ahead and bought four copies, myself. I would also like to see English rules.

The questions I had based on the review was whether the chips you have taken are kept out where people can see them or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin E
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sroney wrote:
The questions I had based on the review was whether the chips you have taken are kept out where people can see them or not.

Yes, chips must be kept out in the open (per Fantasy Flight edition). Allows for a bit more calculation/confrontation. Other than that, the rest of the rules seem to be contained in reviews. LOCO!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*bump* I'm also looking for a nice English rules summary. Even if someone has the translated rules I'd format them in Word to make them nice.

If anyone finds a copy, lemme know!

~allen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I worked out a translation today, I think it's pretty accurate. (I took advantage of the cheap price on Funagain too!)

I want to format a version that will fit inside the box, and once I do, I'll post the file. For the time being, here's my translation. (If you're aware of any errors, let me know.)

LOCO!

Loco! Is a game for 2-4 players. The goal of LOCO! is to earn points by playing the right cards and choosing the best markers. The winner of the game is the player who ends the game with the most points!

Equipment

6 red cards, 6 blue cards, 6 green cards, 6 purple cards, 6 yellow cards, and 25 markers (5 red, 5 blue, 5 green, 5 purple and 5 yellow)

Setup

1. Sort markers by color and place them on the table in five piles, as shown in Illustration 1: Placement of Pieces
2. Shuffle cards.
3. Randomly choose two cards (or three cards for a 3-player game) and lay them face down to the side. These cards will not be used in the game.
4. The remaining cards are dealt so that each player has the same number of cards.

Game Play

The player to the left of the dealer goes first. After their turn, play continues clockwise around the table. During your turn, play is as follows:

1. Choose a card from your hand and place it in a pile beside the markers of the same color. (For example, if you choose a red card you place it by the red markers.) If there is already a card in that pile, place your card over the previous card, so that the number on the previous card is still visible (as shown in Illustration 2: Game in Progress). If you play a “Loco” card then shout “LOCO!” (Explanation to follow.)

2. Choose a marker from any pile (it does not have to be of the same color as the card you played) and place the marker in front of you. The other players should always be able to see what markers you have. If all the markers of a color are taken, choose a marker of a different color.

Loco Cards

There are five “Loco” cards in the game, one of each color. These cards have a value of zero. Immediately when you play a “Loco” card you should shout “Loco!” If you forget to do this before the card touches the table, you may not take a marker this turn.

Game End and Scoring

The game ends when the sixth card of any color is played. The player of the last card may then take a marker.
Each marker is worth points according to the top card that is the same color as the marker. For example, each yellow marker is worth 4 points, if the top yellow card has a value of 4. A player with three yellow markers would receive 12 points.

Notice: “Loco” cards have a value of zero. If the top card in a color is a zero, all of the markers of that color are worth zero points.

Players tally up their point totals from their markers. The player with the most points is the winner. (For an example, see the illustration on the back side of these instructions.)

Game Variant

For a greater challenge, play a number of games equal to the number of players, with each person taking a turn as dealer. Players total up their points after each game. When all players had a turn as dealer, the winner is the player with the largest total number of points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Shurtliff
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Joy! Was looking for these rules as well to include with my 20 copies of these soon-to-be Christmas presents!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Okay, I got into photoshop and made a nice version of the rules - it's made to be cut down and put in the box, and even with coloring fairly similar to the original rules. (This is a Christmas present, so I want it to be nice!)

I posted the file this afternoon (still pending) and then realized I'd made a mistake, the pages are in the wrong order. So once the file is up, I'll have to delete it and then upload the fixed one.

So to summarize - check back in a week or so, and there should be a pretty version of the rules that you can print, cut out, and stick in the box!

- Joy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
I made up this copy of the rules to include in the 10 copies I picked up. The rules are based heavily on Gnomekin's review.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=20412
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.