Popular Tags: [View All]
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks, looking over some of these forums and I see a lot of speculation. So I wanted to shed some light so people know exactly what top expect from this game.

1 - The game is coming to the end of the testing phase and we have played the hell out of it. I can say two things. A: UBER FUN! B: UBER different from ALIEN(But allow me to explain that one before you panic.see point #4)

2 - The game focuses on the first two films Predator 1&2 only

3 - Each game allows you to play one of two ways.

4 - You can play as the humans from both films and you can play as the Predators. Here is what that means. For Predator, you can play the co-op version the same as you did in ALIEN. You will recruit the same way, scan and attack the same way. There are objectives and everything feels just right. When you play as the "Predators", Plural, each player assumes the role of a predator hunting for the most honor (Vp's). This mode is full PVP.

5 - The second film plays the same way

6 - Once you are done playing this way, which is going to take a very long time to get through the content, feel free to take that Predator Deck and put it in the ALIEN game or vice-verse, because these two games are 100% compatible.

7 - You now have the payoff.....devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chien
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:

When you play as the "Predators", Plural, each player assumes the role of a predator hunting for the most honor (Vp's). This mode is full PVP.

Drool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Sounds great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man, I've been waiting for a purely PvP version of Legendary. But I wanted it for Marvel!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goddammit! Quality and on time delivery are not mutually exclusive!
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But will there be booster packs?

Just F'n with you man, thanks for the info.

With it just coming to the end of the testing phase are you still anticipating a Gencon release?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some previews have indicated that there is a way to play PVP with players as both humans and predator(s). Is that not the case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not too big on the fact that half the game is PVP, since I love Alien so much because it is purely cooperative...but what the hey, I'll probably buy it anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdmiralACF wrote:
Some previews have indicated that there is a way to play PVP with players as both humans and predator(s). Is that not the case?

No one outside of UD has seen this, so I doubt those rumors are true... Also, they just are not true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P_J_Keller wrote:

With it just coming to the end of the testing phase are you still anticipating a Gencon release?

Yes, $199.00/pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P_J_Keller wrote:

Still on track for Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chien
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:
P_J_Keller wrote:

Will you be running a similar Win-a-box event at Gen Con for Predators like last year (for ALIENS)?

If so, the missus and I might need to squat over there again. \Ha. So many games were lost on ALIENS last year, sadly never won a box in all our tries. The dice just didn't roll in our favor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nakedgremlin wrote:
Brenzor wrote:
P_J_Keller wrote:

Will you be running a similar Win-a-box event at Gen Con for Predators like last year (for ALIENS)?

If so, the missus and I might need to squat over there again. \Ha. So many games were lost on ALIENS last year, sadly never won a box in all our tries. The dice just didn't roll in our favor.

All week long
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Brenzor wrote:
P_J_Keller wrote:

Yes, $199.00/pack.

Yeah but how many packs will we need to buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahewlett
msg tools
mbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:
4 - You can play as the humans from both films and you can play as the Predators. Here is what that means. For Predator, you can play the co-op version the same as you did in ALIEN. You will recruit the same way, scan and attack the same way. There are objectives and everything feels just right. When you play as the "Predators", Plural, each player assumes the role of a predator hunting for the most honor (Vp's). This mode is full PVP.

Brenzor I only play solo games and was wondering if the PVP part of the game could also be played solo or is it only for multiple players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AHewlett wrote:
Brenzor wrote:

Brenzor I only play solo games and was wondering if the PVP part of the game could also be played solo or is it only for multiple players?

Danny Mandel just sent me a message, so thus comes from him. Yes, you can play pvp solo. Yay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahewlett
msg tools
mbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:

Danny Mandel just sent me a message, so thus comes from him. Yes, you can play pvp solo. Yay

Excellent!! Thanks for the response Brenzor and please give Danny Mandel my thanks as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mandel
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
AHewlett wrote:
Brenzor wrote:

Excellent!! Thanks for the response Brenzor and please give Danny Mandel my thanks as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
thumbsup for solo vs. solo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Johnson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Brenzor wrote:
Hey folks, looking over some of these forums and I see a lot of speculation. So I wanted to shed some light so people know exactly what top expect from this game.

1 - The game is coming to the end of the testing phase and we have played the hell out of it. I can say two things. A: UBER FUN! B: UBER different from ALIEN(But allow me to explain that one before you panic.see point #4)

2 - The game focuses on the first two films Predator 1&2 only

3 - Each game allows you to play one of two ways.

5 - The second film plays the same way

6 - Once you are done playing this way, which is going to take a very long time to get through the content, feel free to take that Predator Deck and put it in the ALIEN game or vice-verse, because these two games are 100% compatible.

7 - You now have the payoff.....devil

This is absolutely glorious. You guys do amazing work. Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:

When you play as the "Predators", Plural, each player assumes the role of a predator hunting for the most honor (Vp's). This mode is full PVP.

Damn, was really hoping the Predator version was full co-op also. Guess this makes much more thematic sense though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Springfield
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance this will be easier to sort than Alien was? The sorting was almost as tense and scary as the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Paruman
South Africa
Midrand
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely adore the Alien game. Theme and mechanics were spot on, this is a day 1 purchase for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Robinson
United Kingdom
SLOUGH
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Praying for a 2015 Euro release. If not it'll still be an insta buy for me. Still playing the heck out of Alien.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeahbowen wrote:
Any chance this will be easier to sort than Alien was? The sorting was almost as tense and scary as the game.

No Chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |