Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a FAQ page here: http://www.davincigames.com/page_eng.cfm?sez=01&gioco=afistf...
Read it before playing with the Fistful of Cards expansion. Really.

Towards the end of our game night, we decide on a quick game of Bang! Truer words were never spoken. We also decided to try out the Fistful of Cards expansion.

Six of us playing: myself, Wayne, Lizzie, Brian, Kelly and (Big) Dave. I’m the sherriff. Not understanding how the Abandoned Mine card worked, and not realizing at first that FOC expansion doesn’t come into play on the first round, we didn’t think it made sense to have that as the first card. So we were rereading the rules, and took them to mean the Fistful of Cards card would be the first one in play, at the start of the second round.

Not that it mattered.

As Sherriff I had 5 life points. Whoopee. By the time Dave finished his turn, I was dead. Game over in one round.shake

Feeling that we didn’t give the Fistful of Cards expansion a fair trial (grin) we decided on one more game. This time we interpreted the rules to mean that the face card for the deck went on top, and all the other cards were shuffled together. Kelly was the Sherriff.

The abandoned mine card came into play after about 4 rounds. We had just reshuffled the deck, so there were only about 3-4 cards in the discard pile. Second player of the round drew the general store.

Since we understood that any cards played would go face down on the draw pile, we all thought it cool that we were going to each get the general store.

Not.

Dave of course, played more cards, so on my turn I didn’t draw the general store (remember, we’re playing it wrong, putting all our played cards on the top of the draw pile.

Move on to Wayne. He draws not only the Emporio, but also the stagecoach and/or wells fargo. First he plays the Emporio Card. After he has done this, he places the Emporio card on the pile and plays his draw card, for either the two or three. (I think he had both the stagecoach and wells fargo during his turn).

Now repeat. Emporio, draw cards. By the time he had done this 3 times we were all getting just a little silly. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Dave and I being the last to choose from the Emporio were getting quite a collection of Bang cards. Dave finally said ENOUGH!, and started putting the emporio and stagecoach cards on the bottom of the pile. Wayne still drew another Emporio. Hysterics ensued.surprise

This whole scenario actually affected the game quite a bit, giving some players who were almost out of the game a new life. The game carried on.....

When we got to the bottom of the pile it was my turn. I drew the wells fargo - draw three more cards - oh wait, remember what was buried on the bottom of the pile I said? Sure enough I drew two Emporios.

Anyways, one of the outlaws managed to kill the Sherriff. He deserved it, having killed his deputy. I was the renegade.

All in all, I think it was one of the funest games of Bang! we’ve played. And that’s saying alot, this group has a lot of fun with this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Why you should read the FAQ before playing Fistful of Ca
Yeah, Abandoned Mine is a card I just quietly remove from the deck. It's confusing and the time spent to explain (and then argue over) how the card is used is just not worth the effort.

But you should definitely read the FAQ. There are a number of cards that benefit from a better explanation of their use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the Abandoned Mine would be ok if you followed the faq page - it isn't?

deborah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless the FAQ has been recently updated, the explanation for Abandoned Mine is still... not as clear as it could be. Or perhaps still open to interpretation. It can be figured out, but usually only after some "discussion."

The concept is interesting but waaaay to fiddily. I just find it easier to play without the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kubala
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We still have problems with Abandoned Mine. The wording on the card and the information in the FAQ is very contradictory. According to the card, cards are played to the draw deck. According to the FAQ, cards are discarded to the draw deck, but if you are Jose Delgado and you discard to draw cards, those cards are discarded to the discard pile. According the the FAQ, only Bang! cards played by player whose turn it is would be discarded to the draw deck. This seems really limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.