Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was interested in looking up this one game, but can't remember the name of it. It was a stand alone box game that was starship to starship combat. It was a tabletop game that contained "pogs" for a lack of a better term (I think this was out before the whole pog craze) for each ship, and the stats and weapons and everything was printed on these "chits". I don't think it was modular. I think it was a single box that had everything you needed in it. It was similar to Star Trek III, struggle for the throne, or the newer star trek red alert where you moved the ships around the table and lobbed missles/lasers etc. at eachother. Any memories jogged loose there? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like what you're looking for:
Star Fleet Battles
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1589

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Star Trek Tactical Combat Simulator. I think there were versions for ST II and ST III with slightly different names.

www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3040

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hmmm. It was some generic name. It wasn't a star trek/star wars or some other brand. If only I had bought it on ebay when I saw it a year ago, I wouldn't be in this fix...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimbo Carroll
United States
Garland,
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you thinking of Twlight Imperium: Armada?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2902

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bullions
England
Hayes
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starship Captain ?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/10274

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pogs? Sounds like the Disk Wars family of games. Possibly Twilight Imperium: Armada or Star Trek Red Alert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for you help guys. Your suggestions pointed me in the right line of thinking. I finally found it: Button Wars. I was wrong, it wasn't stand alone, it was modular. It was buttons, not pogs afterall...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goewert
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crud. I was about to reply to that because I picked up a starter and all of the sets for it two weeks ago.

I'm still reading through the tome of a manual to understand all of the rules. How the heck can they fit so many in. I picked up a starter and a retail box (4 of each set) in boosters myself as I like the easilly portable, play anywhere type of game. I just wish the rules weren't so complicated.

If you plan to get back into it, your FLGS should be able to pick it up extra cheap (less than 20% of original retail) as one of the US wide distributors that most FLGS's go through has it on their inventory reduction sale. Ask if they get stuff through ACD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.