United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Game of the Month for November 2006 is Ninja Golf: 18 Holes of Death! Ninja Golf is a strategic card-and-dice game for two to four multitalented ninjas. You’re a ninja at the “Jade Tee” golf championships. The winner of this tournament will bring great honor to his or her house (and get some super-sweet merchandising deals to boot!). Do you have the focus and concentration to sink a birdie while being shot at with a blowgun? Are you wily and subtle enough to replace your opponent’s golf ball with a smoke bomb without being noticed? Do you have what it takes to win in the cutthroat world of Ninja Golf?

Ninja Golf uses a bunch of polyhedral dice, tokens and pawns, a custom card deck and character sheet that you can download from us, and pencil and paper. A four-player game takes about 60 minutes to play. Ninja Golf can be played by ages 10 and older, although the cut-throat nature of it may be more appropriate for ages 14+.

You can read the rules and download the printable game pieces at http://www.invisible-city.com/play/394/ .

Enjoy!

Jonathan Leistiko
Games Advocate
Invisible City Productions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ninja Golf: 18 Holes of Death! (Free print and play game
Hi Ted,

TedTorgerson wrote:
Looks real fun. A couple questions

Is there no special rule for the 17th and 18th holes??

Thanks for asking! The first version I had up online has three incomplete hole cards. If you go to the site and re-download it, the three blank holes have special effect text now.

TedTorgerson wrote:
The Texas whip out card (Blow Gun) seems really powerful. Is that in effect for 1 hole or all game?

Let me take a look at it here... (*pause*) The most up-to-date Blow Gun says:

"Blow Gun (Item) - Put five dart tokens on this card. You may remove a dart token when player rolls a '1' while Teeing Off to deal one damage to that player."

That's not too crazy-powerful. It lets you deal a total of 5 points of damage to semi-randomly selected players. You get that effect for as long as you have it in play and as long as you can remove dart tokens from it.

Perhaps the one that you have on the older version of the cards says something different? If it does, I apologize. I really recommend downloading the newest version of the Ninja Golf cards, available at http://www.invisible-city.com/file_download/100

I hope you enjoy the game!

Jonathan Leistiko
Games Advocate
Invisible City Productions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.