Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades » Game Valuations

Subject: APBA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Katherine Miller
msg tools
Hi all, A friend of mine has Team cards from 1979 to the present. He wants to sell them. Any value here? He wants to keep the board game.
Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Ford
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These sets are routinely sold -- or at least offered for sale -- on eBay, so he should be able to find pricing information for his sets there.

Searching auctions that have ended, there are well over 600 completed sales and 1300 completed auctions (i.e., those with and without a sale) that result for "APBA team sets."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
APBA is a company. The games they have produced include baseball, football, basketball, hockey, soccer, golf, horse racing, boxing, and even bowling. For each (that was successful) there are annual or otherwise periodical updates.

You will need to be more specific than just "APBA team cards."

But it is quite reasonable to expect that many collectors of seasons will have no need of the game board, charts, pamphlets, or whatnot.

I have bought one hockey team from a random season just to compare it with a newer version of the game and it being almost free. But I suspect there will be more buyers and value for complete season sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katherine Miller
msg tools
Hi all,
Thanks for the info. He has all minor leave baseball teams from 1979 to present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they were the official complete major league seasons, then yes, they would have value. If they truly are minor league teams, they are likely fan-based productions, and possibly on the wrong side of the law to sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katherine Miller
msg tools
Hi,
If anyone is interested in these, here is where they are being sold.
http://maxsold.maxsold.com/auction/689/page/1
I don't know anything about this game, but there are sure a lot of cards here!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.