Subject: SPI edition: Event cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I gather in the later DG edition every player got an event card once per turn or something like that, the SPI rules (i.e., those of the edition I own) seem pretty clearly to say that in each round the player who has chosen to go first draws an event card.

Am I understanding that correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Menzies
Australia
Katoomba
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Each person draws an event at the start of their turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ross_menzies wrote:
No, Each person draws an event at the start of their turn.

Round or turn? I.e., every 5 in game years or every 25? I presume the former.

Also thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Menzies
Australia
Katoomba
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every Round sorry. Each player's round consists of drawing an event and then playing their year cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ross_menzies wrote:
Every Round sorry. Each player's round consists of drawing an event and then playing their year cards.

Thank you. I don't see how to get that out of the wording of the rules but it simply makes more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
ross_menzies wrote:

Thank you. I don't see how to get that out of the wording of the rules but it simply makes more sense.

In answer to your question, on page 5 of the SPI rules in the Sequence of Play, part III. The Rounds, section A. The First Round, step 7. First Player Turn, the first line reads: 'The player who has chosen to go first begins their player turn by drawing a card from the event deck.'

Man, that read like a legal reference...

Anyway, there's where it's stated. It is also stated again under the Procedure part of rules section [19.0] Event Cards: 'At the beginning of the game, the Event Card deck is shuffled. At the beginning of each Player’s turn during each Round, the Player draws one Card from the top of the deck.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.