Hide
5 Posts

7th Sea Collectible Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Starting Crew maximum - Scurvy Dogs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
melluin i
msg tools
Greetings to all players of this wonderful game!!

The question is:

The "Scurvy Dogs" count as two Crew against your crew maximum, but could you hire them if you had only one space left in your ship? Meaning that after hiring them and with them on board, to be able to hire a new crew you would have to discard 2 crew on board ?

How does this affect the choosing of the starting crew? Could you:
Example 1: Ship's crew maximum 6, starting crew: Captain + 1 Scurvy Dogs + 4 crew (whithout exceeding Captain’s starting Wealth)?
Or even Example 2: Ship's crew maximum 6, starting crew: Captain + 3 Scurvy Dogs + 2 crew (whithout exceeding Captain’s starting Wealth)?

The rulebook only says:

- The starting Crew’s total Influence cost can’t be greater than the Captain’s starting Wealth, the number of Crew may not exceed the Ship’s Crew maximum, and the Crew must be either unaligned or of the same faction as your Captain. An effect that prevents you from hiring a specific Crew also prevents you using that Crew in your starting Crew.
- You may not put another Crew into play if you already have a number of Crew cards (including your Captain) in play equal to or greater than your Crew Maximum. If for some reason the number of Crew on your ship exceeds your Crew Maximum, you do not need to discard any Crew.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Tholl
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to dust off my old FAQ to answer these:

Yes - you can hire scurvy dogs as long as you are under the crew limit (even by 1) (EY Digest 5-8-00)

As for starting crew - crew which counts more than one crew maximum do not gain these abilities until after the game has begun. (EY Digest, 12-04-00)

So both examples are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
melluin i
msg tools
Thank you so much!

Where coud I download those FAQ?

The FAQ y have must be older, as there is no reference to the question I made...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Tholl
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a printout of it - but it looks like this site has most of what I had:

http://www.ccg-tcg.narod.ru/7thSea/rulesbook.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
melluin i
msg tools
Thank you, but I already had those FAQ and your printout seems to have more info, for example there is no reference to the rule of starting Crew you mentioned (EY Digest, 12-04-00)

Anyway, I got my question solved and that is really what matters, so thanks again for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.