Popular Tags: [View All]
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The copies of Thurn & Taxis at the Gathering went through many, many hands of play in just over a few days. Apart from the cards getting a bit grungy with such constant use (and really, that would happen with the best of cards, as shown by the cards with the copy of Cleopatra and the Society of Architechts) they held up just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
violentzen wrote:
In Scott Nicholson's excellent video review: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/110080 he mentioned the durability of the cards might be questionable. What is the verdict thus far? Are the cards holding up? If so, do you think they'll continue to last for through a reasonable amount of use?

The quality is fine, however the cards get a lot of use as they're constantly cycled. My copy has had about 15 plays and the cards are still okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are linen finish which is the best cards can get as far as I'm concerned. Due to the fact that people handle the cards all game they will wear down over time but that will somewhat depend on how much you play the game. For those who play 20-30 times a month, there may be some issues. As for me I have absolutely no issue with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jose silva
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Artocarpus heterophyllus
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone using card sleeves and if yes which size, since the regular sized sleeves seem too big for T&T cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hurd
United States
Gordon
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the quality of the cards seems to be fine. It's the size of the cards that I think Scott took issue with. They're basically the same size as the original Ticket to Ride cards, I believe. They just aren't as easy to handle as larger cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.