$20.00
Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Founding Fathers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick comment and Several Question, including from the Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Fist of, excelent, excelent game. Played the first issues deck on Saturday and had an absolute blast. You need the right group to play this game with, and we had it. Got though three congresses, the fist and second were very sucseful at passing issues and coalition building, the third stunk of Cronyisim and America did not progress foeward and one fraction that was once a popular choice with the people ended up a shell of its former self.

1. Not being from America I always thought there were 13 states in the orginal union. I could only count 12 in the at start play map. Am I missing something?

2. State Admisions: In the expansion it says the issue is handeled by the Secretary of State, not the President. All my cards show State + Congress. Am I missing something? We played it like this: President makes a decion to Ignore or Adress the inclusion of the State, hands it off to the Secretary of State, then they try to resolve it. I am unsure what the expansion rules are trying to point out.

Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Founding Fathers: Before politics became a reality show.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
hvddrift wrote:
Hi

Fist of, excelent, excelent game. Played the first issues deck on Saturday and had an absolute blast. You need the right group to play this game with, and we had it. Got though three congresses, the fist and second were very sucseful at passing issues and coalition building, the third stunk of Cronyisim and America did not progress foeward and one fraction that was once a popular choice with the people ended up a shell of its former self.
Good to hear this report. Thanks, Hans.

Quote:
1. Not being from America I always thought there were 13 states in the orginal union. I could only count 12 in the at start play map. Am I missing something?
Not really. Sometimes more than one state is subsumed into the same card.

Quote:
2. State Admisions: In the expansion it says the issue is handeled by the Secretary of State, not the President. All my cards show State + Congress. Am I missing something? We played it like this: President makes a decion to Ignore or Adress the inclusion of the State, hands it off to the Secretary of State, then they try to resolve it. I am unsure what the expansion rules are trying to point out.

Thanks
You have no need to worry on this one. In the newer sets the State Admission cards are correctly labeled.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Valatie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick,

Is there anyway to get the updated cards without ordering a second copy of the game?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Founding Fathers: Before politics became a reality show.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
AkimboRdr5 wrote:
Rick,

Is there anyway to get the updated cards without ordering a second copy of the game?
Hi Dave. Our artist is busy with other projects at the moment, but we hope to have something for you eventually. Overall the changes are very minor and shouldn't stop you from enjoying the game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Valatie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I've been playing with the originals, and it's quick enough to explain. I just figured if they were available, I'd look into picking them up. Thanks again.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Cammisa
Italy
Monza
MB
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Dave, I've prepared an "update kit" for the owners of the first edition of Founding Fathers, and also for me, of course!

This kit is yet not published, sorry. As said by Rick, I must finish the play-testing of another game. Once finalized, I will place an order on TGC so to get also this "update kit". Then, I'll be able to publish the kit making it available to all fans of Founding Fathers game.

By the way, the kit is currently composed by:
- the reprint of Rules booklet
- all cards update
- the 3 player mats corrected
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Valatie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good! Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rostoker
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I bought the game this March, would I need to get that or would everything be up to date?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Founding Fathers: Before politics became a reality show.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Ben,
Any order after 1/25/15 should be up to date. You can verify by checking any State Admission card. It's up to date if the Secretary of State is the responsible officer.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Cammisa
Italy
Monza
MB
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AkimboRdr5 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I've been playing with the originals, and it's quick enough to explain. I just figured if they were available, I'd look into picking them up. Thanks again.


Hello Dave, I managed to publish the upgrade kit on TGC.

This is the link: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/founding-fathers-upgrad...

So you can purchase it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Valatie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was quick! Thanks, I just placed my order.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.