Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asif Kazmi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I saw an earlier post with the same question but didn't see any definitive replies, just conjecture. So I repeat it:

Normally, when you buy a tile, you can place it on your alhambra or reserve, or give it to the imaginary player. Can you give the imaginary player the tiles that are distributed at the END of the game, rather than placing them? The ones that you get based on who has the most currency when there are no more tiles in the bag. I'd appreciate the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dwyer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
I've never considered doing this before, but it is often the case that you acquire tiles in this manner at the end of the game that you cannot place. Since you are in fact purchasing the tile at this point (possibly at a discounted price), giving it to the imaginary player should be permitted. This seems clear based on the english rules, which state: "Only one rule is different for the two players: whenever they buy a building tile ... they can also give the building tile to Dirk."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd agree. Getting a tile at the end of the game is still buying it.

-Gendo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark D Lew
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This exact situation came up for us last night, which prompted me to find this thread.

Based on the wording of the rules, I'd say you can NOT give such a tile to Dirk. In describing how a tile is given to Dirk, the rules specifically say "whenever they buy a building tile". The tiles remaining on the market at the end of the game, it says, "are given to the players who have the most money of the respective currency". I see nothing in the rules to support the idea that those remaining tiles are bought, and thus I don't see how you can give them to Dirk.

If there hasn't been an official ruling from the publisher or designer, I think you have to go with a literal reading of the rules.

(In our game, it turned out it didn't matter. It was a four-point swing if I'd been able to give the last Garden to Dirk to break the tie, but I ended up winning by more than four anyway.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.