Subject: How are you Pimping your Armada? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have 2 copies of Star Wars LCG and always wanted to do somthing, anything with the extra round dial, Thee Death Star!

Well I finally found the answer and that is to replace the 6 individual round tokens used in Armada with the unused Death Star round dial from Star Wars LCG.

It really seems to make keeping track of the rounds more thematic and less fiddly to me but it also goes up to round twelve. (bonus!)

I wonder why FFG went the way they did with tokens instead of the wheel/dial counters that they seem to love.

What are you guys doing to pimp up your Armada?
(Other than painting the squadrons, that's a given lol)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's easy, this and this.

Working on more at the moment...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Soth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool idea.

I'm still on the fence about armada due to the ridiculous price hike here but if I do get it I know what to do with my second Death Star dial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Woodworth
Japan
flag msg tools
I too started using my second death star dial for that.

as far as pimping the game - the same touches that I applied to x-wing, painting the edge of the range ruler black, along with the edges of the obstacles / defense tokens / command tokens.

This is the one place I'd like an acrylic ruler for range.

Card sleeves - especially for the large ships.

Next step is to paint the fighters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Shirey
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Painted my Ties and Xwings, Used acrylic markers on the tokens and made a foam core insert, going to get a second death star dial to use as a counter if I can find a friend who will give me one, I don't have the star wars LCG anymore sold it to fund my Armada. Bought a set of 3 d asteroids and a space station model to replace the tokens. Playmat of space and deathstar to play on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
What set of 3D asteroids and space station did you buy? Would be interested to see it. I've liked all the stuff others have linked to, just want to see what else is out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I found a cool image online, and made my own star field play mat. It came out great.

Legos and weird carpets not included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ravncat wrote:
I too started using my second death star dial for that.

as far as pimping the game - the same touches that I applied to x-wing, painting the edge of the range ruler black, along with the edges of the obstacles / defense tokens / command tokens.

This is the one place I'd like an acrylic ruler for range.

Card sleeves - especially for the large ships.

Next step is to paint the fighters.
oh I forgot to mention painting the edges of the markers, I did mine with a black sharpie (the lazy way)
And sleeved everything.
Made my own asteroids for X-Wing don't think there tournament legal for Armada but oh well.

I also have a 1 3/8 round hole punch (matches squadron bases) and punched a bunch of different discs out of metallic (silver, gold, red, green and blue) card stock for position markers just in case I need to mark positions when using the movement or range sticks.

I have 2 core sets that I'm going to make foam core inserts for eventually.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Shirey
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
What set of 3D asteroids and space station did you buy? Would be interested to see it. I've liked all the stuff others have linked to, just want to see what else is out there.

Battlefield in a box Asteroids 28 bucks
Firestorm Armada space station 18 bucks

Minature Market has both or Amazon /Ebay etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really wanting a full set of individual range rulers for all 3 ranges and all 5 distances. Corsec Engineering already has acrylic range rulers and distance rulers, which includes a distance 1 ruler, but not the full set I would love to see.

http://corseceng.com/blog/2015/4/9/new-products-star-wars-ar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had started a thread a few days ago here, but I'm learning how to use my Laser Cutter and decided to make a Damage card tray with acrylic.

The parts before assembly:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.