Subject: Since I'm the only one who owns. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duncan McFarlane
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
This game is a pure example of board games that are made great by who you play them with. The mechanics are simple and are quite repetitive and almost dull if you're playing with people you don't like too much. (But then again, why would you do that?)

Shoot plays like this, you start off in Division 3 with 25,000 pounds (I have no idea how to make that symbol with my keyboard) and attempt to work your way up to the Premiership. To do this you must purchase a car and a house in each "season" (Amount of time it takes to get to the next level), you must also get an agent and a scout who tells you how many goals you need to advance to the next level.

The main way of scoring is landing on a shoot space on the board or rolling doubles. This lets you take a spin on the spinner in the middle of the board, which mimics a game for your striker. If the spinner lands on three goals you receive three goals and it's the next person's turn. Manager's Office cards are similar to Chance cards in everyone's "favorite" old board game (Yeah...favorite.) Monopoly. Which give you a myriad of results. From scoring a few goals, paying for petrol or getting injured and having to miss a few turns the Manager's Office cards give a random element (outside the spinner...and the dice) which is needed in the mechanics.

But all in all Shoot is a pure trash talking game, especially when you have 27 goals (The max you need is 25) and only need to buy a car to win the game. Which I happily did (After about 9 tries).

7/10 with good friends
5/10 for what it is
which is a grand rounding total of 6/10. If you find this in a flea market near you I'd recommend picking it up. Especially for the 6 bucks Canadian I paid for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.