Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

I've had the base game for a while and felt like having two X-Wings go up against four Tie-Fighters would be more fun, so I bought a second base set. The thing is, you don't really need all the extra stuff that comes in a second base set, do you? Aside from the actual models and their bases, what should I actually keep from my second base set? Space is very limited for me, so this is important. Would really appreciate some help with this! Thanks!

M_Strauss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Wittwer
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Models, bases, upgrades, dials and of course dice can be used directly for playing. I would also keep the second damage deck and all the cardboard (takes up practically no space unpunched) in case you lose something. If you want to supply two players, the two sets of damage decks and maneuver templates make sense anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Böhnemann
Germany
flag msg tools
Agreed, the game plays a lot faster and smoother when both players have templates. If you want to play tournament style you also have seperate damage decks for both players, although that is not too neccessary within the scope of the base game. Also the more dice the better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need the copies of the Rulebook and Quickstart guide. You also don't need the copies of the unique pilots, unless you use them as card backs when you print proxies of the pilots from the TIE Fighter and X-Wing expansions and slip both into sleeves.

You don't need the other set of tokens. (But don't thrown them away, especially the asteroids.) You don't need the plastic trays in the core boxes.

Otherwise you have use for everything else, including the boxes themselves. Two sets of templates is good (and you can cut the other range ruler to have 1- and 2-range measure), more dice is great, and two damage decks is how the game is intended to be played.

I can still store everything in two core boxes (on the left with two core boxes worth and a bit, on the right with a lot of expansions):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take one of the two boxes, throw away the big thermoformed insert. You should have enough space for the two small inserts for the six ships and enough space left for all the stuff (cards, token..) stored in plastic bags.

Throwing away a couple of useless token won't make any difference in terms of space.

edit : ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new tournament obstacle rules make the second set of asteroids good to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse L
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheWaspinator wrote:
The new tournament obstacle rules make the second set of asteroids good to have.

Not really, you have to pick 3 different obstacles, so having duplicates is still pointless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.