Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Treehouse» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Three went forth... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I've never seen a flying hogfish. I saw one gliding once, but never flying, not actually flying.
United Kingdom
Tyne & Wear
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Three player, let's call them red, yellow and green set out to play a game of Treehouse.

The house was set as shown on the tube - a small upright pyramid in the centre, a large pyramid on its left, pointing left and a medium pyramid on the right, pointing right.

Red starts the game, rolling 'dig', and unable to play that on his own tree (as it can only be played on a sigle piece), he opts for the risky strategy of playing it on the large blue house pyramid, bringing it up under the medium blue pyramid. As strategies go, this leaves the game open for a quick finish, if another player gets a roll allowing them to place the small pyramid on top.

Next up, it's yellow, who rolls 'swap'. Again, this can't be played on yellow's own tree, as it is in one position already (I'm interpreting the rules for swap "choose to pieces, they switch places" does not include swapping position in a stack - I could be wrong), so yellow plays the swap on the medium and small pyramids in the house, giving a the medium pyramid, upright and a stack to its right consisting of the large and small pyramids.

Green has been baying for a chance to roll the funky die, and comes up with a solid 'hop'. He jumps his own small pyramid to the left of his stack.

Red comes next, with a 'dig' - there are no pieces lying down, so he rolls again, getting 'hop'. He hops his small pyramid to the left of his stack, to look the same as green.

Back to yellow, who rolls 'wild', choosing to 'hop' his top two pyramids to the left of the large one, clearly looking for a slight difference to red and green.

Now it's green, who rolls 'swap'. Pretty obviously, he chooses to swap the small and medium pyramids in his set, giving him the same configuration as the house, and snatching a victory.

[In the pursuit of illustrating how the game works, I've submitted the seven pictures from start of game to the eventual triumph of green. You never know, they may even get approved.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Take another look at the rules about Digging:
http://www.wunderland.com/icehouse/Treehouse/PDFs/TreehouseR...

Red's first turn involved digging backwards. It's excusable considering that you were most likely just playing using the rule stickers on the tube as a guide, but it made your game unusually short. In fact, during development the side pieces of the house used to point inward; this was changed to the present alignment to make quick victories more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.