United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Neurosting is revealed first in the enemy lane, moving to the back due to its reveal effect. I activate my Storm Trooper's ability knocking 2 points of damage off its 4 HP total.

My Ajax goes up against a bomber, dying rather unceremoniously, which should be resurrected as an enemy upon death and placed at the end of the enemy lane due to the Neurosting's ability.

However, Deckard (the heroic storm trooper) is in my lane, who has an effect that can deal 2 damage to an enemy when one of my troops is killed.

Upon the Ajax's death, can I place 2 damage killing the Neurosting Scorpion, preventing the Ajax's resurrection as an enemy?

Or does the Neurosting's ability trigger first, resurrecting my dead Ajax as an enemy before Deckard can kill the Neurosting with his upon friendly troop death ability?

I couldn't resolve the timing conflict so I just played the worst case scenario that hurt me the most. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
XS Colon Onslaught seems to take a lot of its timing rules straight from Magic. In Magic once an effect has triggered you can't cancel it by destroying the source, so you will get to kill the Scorpion but will still have to face the Ajax as an enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deckard's effect and the Neurosting Scorpion's effect both trigger simultaneously, so you choose what order the effects happen in, per the rule about simultaneous effects - but the effects do both still happen. Either order will result in your Ajax at the end of the enemy lane (ouch).
The Neurosting Scorpion effect actually replaces the death of your Ajax, so Deckard doesn't trigger. Nasty!

"Any time a troop would be killed, it, and its equipment, are instead healed to full and placed at the end of the enemy lane."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
CitizenFry wrote:
"Any time a troop would be killed, it, and its equipment, are instead healed to full and placed at the end of the enemy lane."

jeebus, what a bastard! The scorpion is such a game ender for me when I'm not rocking cancel effects hahaha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Waffler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Don't the rules say if there is any timing questions, things that would happen at the same time, that the players decide in what order they occur?

I don't have the rules in front of me right now, so can't double check, but I believe it was on the last page...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monorico wrote:
Don't the rules say if there is any timing questions, things that would happen at the same time, that the players decide in what order they occur?

I don't have the rules in front of me right now, so can't double check, but I believe it was on the last page...?

The rules do say that, but in this case the two effects aren't simultaneous. Deckard triggers when a troop actually IS killed, the Neurosting Scorpion prevents the troop from being killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.