Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nils Cordes
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,
my first post! I haven't had time to play the game yet, but I saw it at the Essen Fair and ordered it. Now it's mine and there's a little thing I've noticed:
The figures are really cool looking, but aside from the Hulk and the Thing I'm a bit worried that after a while they'll break. Especially the women heroes (no offense) are very fragile looking. I pulled them out of the box a couple of times and put them back in, too, but I wondered if anyone found a better way to store the figures in the box, without having to worry of breaking them.
Did anyone else think the storage system used in the box is a bit scary?
Greetings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes Nils, it is really scary, especially when you have to pull hard, to get Storm out of the box. Even had to glue Dr. Doom's cape back on, because I was too rough with him. Do the figures a favor and store each team together with it's villain and Symbol for the victory track in a seperate Zip-bag and throw them in the box. I did that and it's great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here at FFG, we have one preproduction copy that we have had since GenCon Indy. It has been used for dozens and dozens of demos, lunchtime games, and photo shoots; and has travelled from Indianapolis back home to Minnesota, to Baltimore, Terra Haute, and now it's in GenCon So Cal.

We haven't broken a figure yet. I'm very impressed with the quality of plastic. Point is, don't yank the figures or anything, but they should be just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Cordes
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sascha, thanks for the tip. I was thinking of putting them into some kind of soft plastic bag. But I thought I'd rather put one figure into a bag each. Yours didn't break - together in a bag with four others?
Maybe I'll just try it the way they are (in the box) for a while. They look pretty tough, although Storm and Electra really are a bit scary to handle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Nepitello
Italy
Venezia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tickbite wrote:
Did anyone else think the storage system used in the box is a bit scary?

It is scary-looking, but I think very useful.
A tip. When you pull out a figure from the box (especially the first time) grab the figure with your fingers then gently pull it in different directions: you will find that there is usually a direction that lets the figure go more gently. I hope this is useful - and that it's not a delusion coming from my Aikido training...

Francesco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tickbite wrote:
although Storm and Electra really are a bit scary to handle.

That would seem quite accurate to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
tickbite wrote:
Sascha, thanks for the tip. I was thinking of putting them into some kind of soft plastic bag. But I thought I'd rather put one figure into a bag each. Yours didn't break - together in a bag with four others?
Maybe I'll just try it the way they are (in the box) for a while. They look pretty tough, although Storm and Electra really are a bit scary to handle.

No, I have to say that the plastic is a very good quality. You can safely put them together in one bag. Makes it easy to set up the game and hand over the bags to the players. If you like to keep em the way they are in the box, I suggest you put em out like you do it with "Toffifee"-candy ;-) (you should now those as a German). It means squeeze the box plastic til the figures pop out rather than pulling the figures themselves. When I pull the Hulk I nearly have the whole box insert in my hand and Hulk is still in his slot.

But putting them in a bag is much faster and there is enough room in the box for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Cordes
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I found a way that makes it easier to leave them in the box and still take 'em out every time you play. Like Franseco said, I pull them out in one specific direction. Each figure is held by three plastic ... overhangs (?) ... that are part of the plastic in the box. (Describing this brings me to the limit of my vocabulary.) Anyway, if you push one of the three a bit inward, there's still enough to hold each figure in place, but if you mark the side where you prodded a bit, then it's really easy to pull the figure out on this side.
I even turned the box with figures upside down and shook as hard as I could. Only Thor fell out, but I think he can take it.
As for Storm, I still don't dare touch her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Jota
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I was a bit worried about getting the figures out of box too... But you can just press on the base throught the plastic from beneath and they just "jump" very nicely. Be careful, because Captain America was the first one i tried to release and jumped high
I am most scared about breaking Richards than Storm or Elektra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
schmoove_de wrote:
Even had to glue Dr. Doom's cape back on, because I was too rough with him.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't you. There seems to be an epidemic of Dr. Doom strip shows. I don't think the capes on Doom were assembled very well at the factory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
None ofyourbuissiness
msg tools
I just used an x-acto knife to make Storm's hole a little bigger, so I wouldn't break her legs. However, I later noticed that the figures are stronger then they look. Once, Dr. Strage was stuck fast. So, I yanked as hard as a could, and he flew back, slamming into poor Susan, (Who was still stuck in her hole!) But all she did was spring back, unharmed. (same with Strange)However, I also found that cape-wearing figures are fragile. (Thor lost his. But it could just snap back on, no glue required)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
What I did is used 4 high quality zip-lock baggies and put the following in each:

1) all 4 of the team's figures

2) the team/character's reference cards

3) the team's power-up cards

4) one set of combat tokens

Then I put all of the similar villian stuff in a 5th baggie: figures, character cards, and power-ups.

Works great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The only breakage I've had is Thor's cape. Easy to fix though. Turns out Thor has a hole between his shoulders to recieve a small "tounge" extending from the tip of the cape which was still intact. A bit of glue and he was good as new.

On a related issue, has anyone else seen a bit of lost paint on some of the figures? I'm seeing some beige plastic on Hulk's toe and Daredevil's feet and baton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Baumbach
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diamondspider wrote:
What I did is used 4 high quality zip-lock baggies and put the following in each:

Then I put all of the similar villian stuff in a 5th baggie: figures, character cards, and power-ups.

Works great!

That's exactly what I did. I'm not sure why people are putting the figures back in their holes in the plastic, since the two giant sections are like big enough to hold all the figures and then some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
None ofyourbuissiness
msg tools
emceekhan wrote:

I'm not sure why people are putting the figures back in their holes in the plastic, since the two giant sections are like big enough to hold all the figures and then some.

I don't know about other people, but I store my figs in their holes because I don't want them to break if the game is roughly handled. (Which is likely to happen, scince I've been pulling out a lot of games this Christmas.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Keller
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mike_J wrote:
The only breakage I've had is Thor's cape. Easy to fix though. Turns out Thor has a hole between his shoulders to recieve a small "tounge" extending from the tip of the cape which was still intact. A bit of glue and he was good as new.

Has anyone had any problems with Magneto's cape? I just got the game yesterday, and Magneto's cape is already broken. I'm not sure if it came like that or if it happened while we were playing, but the cape looks like it's just barely hanging onto his neck and not actually connected to anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shepherd
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emceekhan wrote:
diamondspider wrote:

Works great!

That's exactly what I did.

For even greater efficiency, I put all hero stuff (as above) in a baggie along with all of the relevant Nemesis stuff (Doom for FF, etc.). Then you just assign the teams, sit down, set up, and... hand your Nemesis stuff to the player on the right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frederic Salaun
msg tools
mb
MattShepherd wrote:
emceekhan wrote:
diamondspider wrote:

Works great!

That's exactly what I did.

For even greater efficiency, I put all hero stuff (as above) in a baggie along with all of the relevant Nemesis stuff (Doom for FF, etc.). Then you just assign the teams, sit down, set up, and... hand your Nemesis stuff to the player on the right!

...you mean : hand your nemesis stuff to the player on the left !!... don't you ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shepherd
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I have to add something to the "stuff we got wrong" thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this solution on another thread on the geek, but again, here's what I did.

I had hard plastic sports-card vaults. They hold like 100-150 cards. They also hold the teams and the team's nemesis pretty damn good if you get some packing peanuts working in there. They fit in the bins for the characters and are still short enough to fit under the gameboard. The are like $1 each at a sportscard shop nearby. I had mine laying around since I was playing Magic, but they shouldn't be hard to track down 4 of them. Avoid the ones with hinges or clasps, which can break. Mine have a base tray and the top of the vault slips down over the whole affair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.