David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played but read the rules.

Is it posible to have a Guard after Aim.
I am fairly sure this is not legal, but had to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Page 14 says a hero can only have only order token at a time.

Additionally, the Ready action allows a hero to place a single order token.

A skill or item might allow a hero to use both in the same hero turn. For instance, a hero could ready during his activation, place an Aim token, then make an aimed attack, discarding the aim token. During the same hero round, another hero with the leadership (I think that's what it's called) declares an Advance action, and decides to place a guard token on the first hero, effectively giving that hero 2 orders on the same turn. But if the first hero had not used his Aim token, the Guard token would replace the Aim token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kingbobb wrote:
No. Page 14 says a hero can only have only order token at a time.
But if the first hero had not used his Aim token, the Guard token would replace the Aim token.

Actually... the full thing reads
Descent rules, p.14 wrote:
A hero can only have one order at any one time. A hero that has already been issued an order cannot receive another order until the first order is used or removed(see below).

And then it lists each order and when they get removed. There's no mention of an order being replaced, or even removed by choice.

This would lead me to conclude that, in your example, the Guard token couldn't be played at all on a hero who already has Aim, period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.