Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmb
1) Is it normal to be scoring 55-60 points in a 4 player game? The score board only reaches 30 so this was odd to me.

2) The rules say prestige buildings only score once. If two players have the same prestige buildings, do they both score separately?

3) Is there an easy, rememberable way of scoring that you recommend? The scoring seemed kind of difficult to keep track of to me.

4) When a building is imitated in another player's district, that building does not become occupied correct?

I think this is all of my questions for now. Thank you.

robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Burkart
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dylanbradshaw wrote:
1) Is it normal to be scoring 55-60 points in a 4 player game? The score board only reaches 30 so this was odd to me.

I've never played with four players before, but most of my two- and three-player games tend to score in the high 20s or the 30s. Of course, I wouldn't exactly call myself GOOD at the game, either (even though I love it!). I'd say that going beyond 30 is normal, although scoring in the 60s seems a bit high based on my experience.

Quote:
2) The rules say prestige buildings only score once. If two players have the same prestige buildings, do they both score separately?

No. Each building only scores once, but if both players have the same prestige building, then they BOTH score the prestige points on the left (i.e. the higher one) when that particular building is scored, while other players who haven't build that prestige building score the points on the right (i.e. the lower one).

Quote:
3) Is there an easy, rememberable way of scoring that you recommend? The scoring seemed kind of difficult to keep track of to me.

When I tabulate the score at the end, I go through the prestige buildings from each player first, then tally up the points from regular buildings and characters, and then add up the ramparts. Whenever I score the prestige buildings, I always put a damage marker on them so that I know they've already been scored.

Quote:
4) When a building is imitated in another player's district, that building does not become occupied correct?

Correct. Only the building which you used to initiate the action (i.e. your Bridge) would have a worker placed on it. The other player's building would remain unoccupied (if already so).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
dylanbradshaw wrote:

The highest I've seen to date is a range between 30- and 40-ish. 55 to 60 seems very high, as in 'rules error likely'-high. Mind the following: a) each building whether covered or not, scores its nominal value printed in the top-left corner; b) only each visible prestige building scores according to the table printed on its bottom half (minding the limitation of your 2nd question); and c) the score obtained for each prestige building is capped at 12 VP.

The rest of the questions has already been answered above; there's little point in repeating matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmb
"No. Each building only scores once, but if both players have the same prestige building, then they BOTH score the prestige points on the left (i.e. the higher one) when that particular building is scored, while other players who haven't build that prestige building score the points on the right (i.e. the lower one)."

If two players have the same prestige buildings, do the players that do not have the buildings score the points on the right twice or just once?

Just to clarify - covered character cards do not score the prestige points on the card?

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone scores points for every prestige building only once (i.e. a certain type of prestige building is scored only once for each player no matter how many players have built that prestige building).

Each player who has built that prestige building scores the higher point value.

Each player who has not built that prestige building scores the lower value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Burkart
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dylanbradshaw wrote:

If two players have the same prestige buildings, do the players that do not have the buildings score the points on the right twice or just once?

Just to clarify - covered character cards do not score the prestige points on the card?

Thanks again!

Happy to help! Pete is correct; each prestige building is only scored once no matter how many players have built it.

Covered cards do not count for the scoring of the prestige buildings, but they do give you the points that are on the card in the upper left corner.

Let's say that you have a Cloth Hall (which gives you 2 PPs and other players 1 PP for each visible yellow card of Level 1 or Level 2 in your/their districts) and an Architect (a yellow character) who is covered. The Architect would NOT count for the Cloth Hall prestige building (because it is covered), but it WOULD score you the 1 PP that on the actual architect card (right under its cost).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.