Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading and re-reading the rules, I think I've got a few more questions.

1) Story cards: do they have any effect in the game or do they just lead to gaining power-ups?

2) And is the only way to obtain Story cards by taking a Story action (assuming one of your team's Story cards is at the end of the line)?

3) Support Heroes: are they only good for 1 round for free? For example, round 1 I use a movement action to put a ready Hero in a district and move a Support Hero to that area for free. In the 2nd round, according to the "Receive Plot Points" section on page 6, I have to take the Support Hero back. Then I would have to use a plot point to move him to support and spend a movement action to move him back to the area (assuming I had left my hero there)?

4) Making a Hero "ready": if you make a Hero "ready" by spending plot points on a turn and then don't use him before the next game round begins, he doesn't stay "ready", right? So basically you would have wasted those plot points.

5) I read somewhere that each player's nemesis was meant to be on the right instead of left. Is that still the case? Since the game isn't even out yet, I guess we shouldn't expect an errata any time soon.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to owning a copy and playing it immensely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sellers
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only played 1 demo game ~3~ months ago and have just re-read the rules online so I believe...

jerkules wrote:
1) Story cards: do they have any effect in the game or do they just lead to gaining power-ups?
You gain one victory point for each story card you receive. Then the 3 story cards for 1 team power up card, like you mentioned. Game emersion, its not all villain bashing and heroes do have a life. Otherwise I don't remember any other uses for the story cards them selves.

jerkules wrote:
2) And is the only way to obtain Story cards by taking a Story action (assuming one of your team's Story cards is at the end of the line)?
From the rules it seems as if the Story Action is the only way to obtain (receive or give) story cards. Although if the Hulk can DISCARD two story cards maybe another hero or ally can pull them.

jerkules wrote:
3) Support Heroes: are they only good for 1 round for free? For example, round 1 I use a movement action to put a ready Hero in a district and move a Support Hero to that area for free. In the 2nd round, according to the "Receive Plot Points" section on page 6, I have to take the Support Hero back. Then I would have to use a plot point to move him to support and spend a movement action to move him back to the area (assuming I had left my hero there)?
That sounds about right to me.

jerkules wrote:
4) Making a Hero "ready": if you make a Hero "ready" by spending plot points on a turn and then don't use him before the next game round begins, he doesn't stay "ready", right? So basically you would have wasted those plot points.
If you ready a Hero during the "Game Round" and then never move him to the board then yes those plot points are in a sense wasted. During "Phase 2: Planning/Step 1: Receive Plot Points" that unmoved hero would become an "available Super Hero" and you would then need to spend plot points to ready him again.

jerkules wrote:
5) I read somewhere that each player's nemesis was meant to be on the right instead of left. Is that still the case?
Each player controls the Mastermind Villain that is the Nemesis of the Team controlled by the player to his right -> http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/122368?sk=error

IMHO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I agree with David on all of his answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thompson
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I haven't played the game yet either, but I cannot see much reason to leave a Support hero in the same space very often. Having moved the Ready hero and Support hero where you want them with an action, you then have a further four actions in which to troubleshoot the Headline. Either the Headline will be successfully resolved, in which case the replacement Headline will probably not be in the same district as the ready hero, who will need to move to the new district, or the hapless hero will end up in Recovery with a wound. In either case, the Support hero is best moved somewhere more useful for the next round.

An alternative tactic may be to place two or three heroes in separate districts, all covered by the same support. In this way it might be possible to troubleshoot multiple times in the same area.

I also cannot see why you would Ready a hero and not use them very often, unless during your five actions some major storyline changes or particularly tempting Headlines came up which required a change of plans. I suppose it can happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Incarnadyne wrote:
An alternative tactic may be to place two or three heroes in separate districts, all covered by the same support. In this way it might be possible to troubleshoot multiple times in the same area.

How would you be able to do that? Isn't the area cleared after any attempt is made?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:
Incarnadyne wrote:

How would you be able to do that? Isn't the area cleared after any attempt is made?

Yes

I'm guessing the above replies are from people who haven't played the game

-Munch "at least when they made the replies" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.