United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to make certain I understand the rules regarding insolvency correctly:
-The 'payment' for a run = the 'large city' run number + insolvency amount

So, if an 8+4 runs for 250 ('8' run) + 40 + (11 * 20) = 510 total on its first run after being insolvent; and it would be required to without the entire amount. Then it would effectively 'pay off' the 8+4 after two ORs (assuming $0 initial in company treasury).

-Could the '8' skip whistle stops (assumed no); but it would need to 'hit' 4 additonal stops for the 8+4...

If the 'bank' runs out of company credits; does this end the game. Couldn't find a definition of bank with regards to company credits in the manual. (In our first game, all but 1 company's went insolvent right before end-game; causing the company credits to run dry)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but there seems to be a serious mistake:

Elf__Man wrote:
I want to make certain I understand the rules regarding insolvency correctly:
-The 'payment' for a run = the 'large city' run number + insolvency amount
So, if an 8+4 runs for 250 ('8' run) + 40 + (11 * 20) = 510 total on its first run after being insolvent;

You don't get the $290 for the normal run. You only get the insolvency amount. It is supposed to be less than the normal income; in fact, there is an optional rule (that is supposed to be used after the players are familar with the earning calculation), that sets the income of an insolvent company to half of the regular income.

Quote:
Could the '8' skip whistle stops

Whistle stops can always be ignored. Small stations (towns) can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Elbl
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally thought it was the isolvency run amount; but the rule go into an explaination regarding the 40 + 20*stop for the insolvency amount AND a run with the first ('8' in this case) being the number of stops to make. If I recall, the example is with a 6+3 for insolvency calculation; being that if a 6+3 makes its full stops, then it receives 40+20*8 = 160 credits. Which led our game to the 'does a bank bust of company credits end the game?' question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Elbl
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I figured out the insolventcy runs; with the runs being = the largest number, and paying out 20 for each stop + an additional 40. blush

This pretty much leaves a final question of: Does the bank 'bust' if it runs out of company credits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lutz
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Elf__Man wrote:
40+20*8 = 160 credits.

I think you math is slightly off. 40 + 20 * 8 = 200. I believe that this is the correct amount for an 8 + 3 train, as the +3's are not counted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.