Zakimos Kleidos
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As the title says.

The only other one I can think of is Dungeon Petz (another CGE one).

I understand that the concept of "funny" can vary from player to player, but I think we can all agree that themes and arts like the ones from Puerto Rico or Caylus (other games that I'd consider to be Medium Heavy) can't be defined "funny" (even if the games themselves are certainly fun to play!) :-)

In fact, it seems like CGE is the only one tapping this section of the market?
I found out that having a colorful (and clear!) art on the board, and a funny theme, can make even a Heavy game suitable for every kind of player, even the unexperienced ones.

(Another one I thought of is Agricola, which has an interesting theme, surely, but also, unfortunately, very a bland art direction with a difficult to read board).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belfort
Harbour

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Last will is very funny I think. How can you not laugh at the Busy Day card, a fopp on a penny farthing blowing a bugle as he races through town in a rush. But at the low end of Medium for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duck Dealer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how it plays but I think the concept behind The Road to Canterbury is very funny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's excellent, but not so heavy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Lords definitly has funny artworks, so many small details. The theme is funny and epic - evil dungeon lords struggling with taxes and preventing heroes and the strong paladin from destroying their dungeon. meeple

Galaxy Trucker is perhaps not as beautifully illustrated as Dungeion Lords, but is still funny and really thematic (as is the game, here the theme comes first and the machanics are applied later, not the other way round).

Last Will: Don't know it, but looks like what you've asked for!

All three CGE, too. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Zdan
United States
Council Bluffs
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Alert & Space Cadets can be funny if you're ok with chaotic, everything goes wrong type humor. The mini-games in space cadets may be light, but I'd still say it's a heavier game (or at least medium-heavy) overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Galaxy Trucker is one of the funniest games I've ever played. Like many of Cvatil's games, it feels heavy until all of the sudden its not.

I also find Kingsburg to be decently silly. Especially with the winter raids that can completely destroy your buildings.

I have not played Lift Off! Get me off this Planet!, but I absolutely love the concept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zakimos Kleidos
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I guess we can say that CGE really are the masters of this kind of games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.