Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stinchfield
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot believe this isn't addressed in the rules...or I am blind. What happens if you place a cube in a shop adjacent to the supervisor? Does the cube immediately get sent to the caravan? I understand moving the supervisor to shop moves the cube, but the other way around?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Mangiarano
Italy
Castellana Grotte
(BA)
flag msg tools
Use the force
badge
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterStatic wrote:
I cannot believe this isn't addressed in the rules...or I am blind. What happens if you place a cube in a shop adjacent to the supervisor? Does the cube immediately get sent to the caravan? I understand moving the supervisor to shop moves the cube, but the other way around?

Thanks.

Wow!!! Nice question!!!
I wonder why I didn't think at this before...
Now I'm curious to know the right answer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this is something that should be addressed.

we agreed that while playing, that if u place a cube next to the supervisor, it stays put. As the rules state that cubes only get sent to the caravan when the supervisor get's MOVED to the building...

a bit vague at best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akke Monasso
Netherlands
Aalten
Achterhoek
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
It seems clear to me that nothing happens: cubes are only sent to the caravan when the supervisor moves. Otherwise it would have been mentioned in the cube placement rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stinchfield
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Akke, that was my conclusion after another play. Otherwise, with three cubes to place, you could technically send three in a row to the caravan which is obviously wrong. But it should have been specified in the rules...it isn't exactly "clear".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rules are pretty clear:

If the Supervisor’s movement ends beside one or several
shops containing cubes, the cubes in those shops (no matter
whose cubes they are) are automatically sent to the caravan
following the order chosen by the player who has moved the
Supervisor (see The Caravan).

If you place a cube next to a supervisor, it hasn't started or ended it's movement. This only happens "after" the supervisor is moved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stinchfield
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, although that can be deduced from your rules quote, this would be clear if listed under the supervisor section of the rules:

Note: When placing goods cubes in a shop adjacent to the supervisor's current position, the goods are NOT moved to the caravan.

I think we have established the rule however, so enough said.

Thanks much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Hi everybody,

Like Michael said the supervisor has to be selected (he can eventually stay in place with a proper deceleration)in order to send a cube to the caravan. So, it was clear enough for me. Maybe we'll make an FAQ since it's obviously not so clear for everyone...

Regards,
Cyril

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.