♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
--I went out to my car, parked under a tree, rolled the windows down, cracked open a book, and proceeded to read and enjoy the breeze. The sky was overcast and the breeze was brisk and cool, more than enough to keep me comfortable. It was my kind of afternoon.

Once I got back to my desk, I checked my phone and saw that I had numerous weather alerts. Two of them were for tornado watches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
I once took a nap in my car in the parking lot at work during lunch while the sky was green and lightning was shooting everywhere. I finally got a little worried when I noticed that the clouds were starting to rotate and went inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
And this is why you should never go outside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I once drove to a quiet spot in the park, put my window down, and enjoyed a book and the summer air while reading my book. Twice, someone parked behind me, casually strolled past my car looking at me the entire time, then walked back to their car.

I was later told the spot I chose was a popular meetup for men to have anonymous sex. (Yup, right out of There's Something About Mary.)

2 years later, I'm wandering The Ramble in Central Park and I find a spot off path where I can't see any buildings and it's actually quiet. I take a seat and take out my book. Twice a guy stumbled on to my location, gave me a weird extended look, then left. That's when I noticed the condom wrappers around me.

The lesson? If you're not into anonymous hook-ups, never read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

How's your indoor disc golf course coming along?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

How's your indoor disc golf course coming along?

I don't count, as I have a death wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
I once drove to a quiet spot in the park, put my window down, and enjoyed a book and the summer air while reading my book. Twice, someone parked behind me, casually strolled past my car looking at me the entire time, then walked back to their car.

I was later told the spot I chose was a popular meetup for men to have anonymous sex. (Yup, right out of There's Something About Mary.)

2 years later, I'm wandering The Ramble in Central Park and I find a spot off path where I can't see any buildings and it's actually quiet. I take a seat and take out my book. Twice a guy stumbled on to my location, gave me a weird extended look, then left. That's when I noticed the condom wrappers around me.

The lesson? If you're not into anonymous hook-ups, never read.

Lesson #2: Dudes don't dig Erik. I can't believe you didn't even get a "How's it going?" out of these!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
ironhide1 wrote:
Already been told we got some nice golf ball sized hail at my house.

We just got cleared from our "Cowering in the Bathrooms" emergency state at work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
ironhide1 wrote:

We just got cleared from our "Cowering in the Bathrooms" emergency state at work.
Ah, yes. As we were taught in elementary school, nothing protects against a tornado like a urinal. Nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
Verkisto wrote:
ironhide1 wrote:

Ah, yes. As we were taught in elementary school, nothing protects against a tornado like a urinal. Nothing.

Also, a desk protects you from a nuclear bomb,,, apparently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
JoshBot wrote:
Verkisto wrote:
ironhide1 wrote:

I think the desk thing was to protect you from debris, like if a distant blast shattered the windows and sent glass shards flying into the room. I can see that being helpful. I doubt anybody thinks a standard classroom desk can block a direct hit from a warhead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
I think the desk thing was to protect you from debris, like if a distant blast shattered the windows and sent glass shards flying into the room. I can see that being helpful. I doubt anybody thinks a standard classroom desk can block a direct hit from a warhead.

But pulling your duvet over your head does stop monsters from getting you, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
wmshub wrote:
SybotCB wrote:
JoshBot wrote:
Verkisto wrote:
ironhide1 wrote:

Except maybe George Lucas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving from the west coast to the Midwest has a learning curve in terms of the weather. About 6 months after we moved we were out shopping and started driving home. We were driving on the freeway and I noticed the sky was pitch black and sort of just blended into the horizon. So I turned on the radio.

*DUH-DUH-DAH! This is the Emergency Broadcast System*

We were driving into a seriously severe thunderstorm and it was now to late to get off the freeway. Unfortunately I think everyone got the news at the same time because they decided to stop under the next overpass which of course meant anyone behind them (that would be my wife and I) were now stuck out in the open for what was about to happen. We were in the middle lane literally with no where to go. So we sat there as that storm passed right over us. What was especially scary was the storm dropped 3 inches of rain in less than 30 minutes as it went over the city. The result was we sat there watching water running across the road under our car and flowing at a good clip. We were in basically a sports car so we didn't have a lot of ground clearance so I was getting seriously worried. We sat there for about 10 minutes as the worst of the storm passed over us.

I'm much better about being weather aware ever since that happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was a sales rep I bought a bagel from a grocery store and sat down under a tree in a city park in the middle of the town square in Fillmore, CA on a beautiful day. I woke up 2 hours later. snore

As I was dressed in a suit, I'm guessing no one thought I was a bum and left me alone.

When I was a kid in Des Moines my Mom and I would go out in the front yard during tornado watches, my Dad and brother were cowering in the basement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.