Popular Tags: [View All]
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I appreciate the effort Spencer Sloe put in by typing the rules into an online translator, the current English translation available on BGG is just not very useful. Or maybe I'm just not willing to put the effort into translating the translation!

I mean what does:

"Before the first play the punching hurry carefully from the punching boards are solved."

really mean?

So I am posting a bounty of 25 Geek Gold for a "good, natural english" translation of the German rules for Verflixxt Nochmal.

I'm looking for a translation that reads easily and flows naturally and doesn't require a PhD in linguistics to figure out. Ideally, I'd like to see something on par with the English version of the rules included in the base version of the game.

The bounty will be paid only if I feel the translation meets my needs. I don't plan on being really nitpicky about this, but I won't except a machine translated document that requires additional effort to understand and interpret.

Thanks in advance for the effort!

-- Kimbo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Sloe
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kim.

I will do another translation. Just wanted to get something up on the geek before I left for vacation.

-Spencer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, A fellow Geek had previously requested a translation from me but I was waiting to see what the posted version was like. I don't have the game but if said Geek still wants a translation he'll be sending me a scan of the rules and I'll do the translation ASAP. I assure you it will be usable - I translate from my knowledge of the language not with any computer program. If I get the scan I can e-mail the translation. I won't require any GG. I'm generally happy to do translations for people.
I'm not going to slag off sloehand's efforts because he has tried but the problems with relying on a program are evident.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
A scanned German ruleset will be with Fledermaushaus Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The transltion is finished and I will upload it shortly. If anyone needs it before it gets on to the Geek, you can message me with your e-mail address and I'll send it direct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished reading the translation provided by Fledermaushaus.

Yeah! Thank you very much! The translated rules are clear and understandable. I look forward to using the Verflixxt Nochmal! in the very near future.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.