Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rules clearly state that if a city is BUILT on a mountain range that splits it, both sides of that range will create the same resource.

The question is that when a city is PLACED at the start of the game, does this hold true also?

Strictly speaking, building is not the same as placing, and the definition of a mountain range is "any number of connected mountains". At the start of the game, mountains split by the starting city are NOT connected.

Finally, there is the exception on first city placement that they can be placed over seas; this seems to imply further that the starting cities are just "there" to start with as if they were part of the map.

I found no mention of this on the Splotter Website after having a debate in game, what do others think about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Skulley
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Splitting mountain ranges at start: 1 or 2 resource type
This is by no means definitive, but in the one playing of Antiquity I've had I also had this question. We played that the range was still only one range and as such could only have one resource type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
A mountain "split" during initial city placement is still one mountain.

Confirmed by game publisher here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/65764
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.