Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got a chance to sit down and play this a few times over the last week or so , the rules for this are the same for all the GWAS series so i wont go into too much detail.

My first opponent was actually my 3 yr old daughter , she had no idea what the rules were but all she knew was that we were playing a dice game.....with ships.

We played the first battle scenario a total of 3 times with myself as the Royal Navy and her as the USN. I tried a few different tactics but it appears that the US CAs vastly outclass the RN ships and with my daughters propensity for rolling critical hits it was a blowout, USN 3 , RN 0

The amount of dice required doesnt seem to be too popular , but we didnt mind it at all , I just sorted them out into different colours, red for primaries, green/white for secondaries and black for tertiary guns ( which unless I am mistaken wont penetrate the US light armour unless you use the optional penetration rule of penetrating at 0 range)

The game ran quite rapidly with me passing the dice back and forth and asking her which way to move her ships , so basically she was a random dice rolling machine and random movement chart in 1 package

the time required after 3 plays improved dramatically, the first game took about 40 minutes, and the last one took maybe 12 tops ( mostly due to the critical hit of 5 hull hits on my pristine HMS Effingham)

I actually bought this game a while back as a possible wargame to teach my recently retired father, and saying that a 3 yr old can do it I think that it will do the job quite nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
This should be a session report, not a review. Sad that it got approved...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm I did submit it as a session though....

I have been having trouble with my mousewheel lately however.....`

Edit:I tried moving it to the sessions index twice but it doesnt seem to want to go there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.