Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael S
Taiwan
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
There appears to be two versions of this game. The rocks are obviously molded so that each game should have roughly the same difficulty, which in my opinion is good.

My friend has a copy that plays 2 to 6 and has heavier 'rocks'.

My version says 2 to 5 on the box and has two less base rocks (10 bases) and 40 rocks in the bag (15 white, 10 blue, 8 green, 5 red and 2 gold). The material for the 'rocks' also appears to be lighter and a bit more slippery.

Both versions appear to play very similarly. I found it a bit more difficult to stack the lighter ones but they should do less damage to your gaming table when they fall

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Stawycz

Minnesota
msg tools
Picked up the game last week.

I did not see the 6 player version in the store we visited. But for $24.99, 5 or 6 players doesnt make that much difference to me...

Our rocks are shiny and metallic colored and very attractive. I dont know how to tell if they are molded or not. We are certainly enjoying this game though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Bisiker
msg tools
designer
Hi - Yes it is true...there are two versions of the original game...we reduced the player count from 6 to 5 players and adjusted the piece count accordingly. The "chance odds" remain the same however. And as for the comment about damage to your table, if youre very concerned abouth this just play on a place mat or magazine, however it is really a non-issue. a foot high Jenga tower is going to do ALOT more damage than a 4 inch high tower of fake rocks. Rock on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wai-kit FUNG
Hong Kong
Mongkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a copy of Rukshuk recently. However, it differs from my friend's early purchase significantly. His stones are shiny. My stores are all in pale colors and more slippery. The purple stones appear too white. Something wrong with my copy only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Marui
Canada
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've noticed this with a copy we just bought. My fiance and I play rukshuk at a game night as filler every now and then and their copy the rocks are much shinier and heavier. The copy I bought for my fiance the rocks are flat in color and dull. More pastel colored. The bases in the other copy are white, in my copy they are grey. The weights are different and so are the rocks.

What was the reason for the changes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.