United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone really wanted to, they could announce whatever belief they wish in their avatar. Microbadges just allow easier cross-referencing. The presentation is still there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree. Before these types of microbadges, people weren't prefacing every post with "I'm a Christian" or "I'm an atheist".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be visiting a different website then, because I don't see that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I disagree. Before these types of microbadges, people weren't prefacing every post with "I'm a Christian" or "I'm an atheist".

I don't see it either.

Of course it's happening in the chit chat forums concerning the microbadges, because well, that's the topic. I don't see it happening elsewhere. "Hey, I'm a Christian, and I think Memoir 44 would be a great game to play with your son" would just be silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I'm an atheist, and I'm tired of seeing these topics on the New Posts link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm a Parsi-Zoroastrian, and I really hate Danger Guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I remember why I left this place back in early '06, Its just not BGG with out the constant infighting. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:

I remember, very specifically, certain Christians touting their beliefs here as they raised a serious stink about content "for the sake of their families".

What was funny to me was that there was a whole I'm more Christian than you are thing going on.

So yes, these badges did unearth a little bit of it, but it seems that this is all in pleasant conversation rather than what it was two years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cardarelli
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_redstar_swl wrote:
Now I remember why I left this place back in early '06, Its just not BGG with out the constant infighting. yuk

I never understood why people leave BGG because of the bickering. I mean, couldn't you just ignore these posts and just use the site for game info and the such? How can 600,000 users not argue every now and again? And personally, I'm suprised buy how tight of a community this is. I mean, I absolutely loathe DWTripp and Michael Barnes' posts, but in real life, if they needed something and I could help, I would. Because they're gamers like me. Gaming binds us, and this site binds gaming.

But I see you're an RPGer. Ewwwww. Don't let the door hit ya...

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sommer
Denmark
copenhagen downtown
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I say scrap the mircobadge system and force people to write more about themselves in their desciption, a min character count would be nice .Find something else for the geeks to spend their gold on ,for example access to secret forum den .When the elite meet for tasty gaming treats !!

I don't think the mircobadge have been a huge success.

Death to the mircobadges!!!! (tears his off ..if thats possible ..oh dear it isn't rats!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minimum character count description is a bad idea. If people don't want to tallk about themselves when they first sign up I don't think we should force them too. Besides, it wouldn't work, you could fill the description with meaningless babble and get the character count anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see microbadges limited to boardgame related microbadges only. This is a boardgame site and boardgames should be the focus of the site. Boardgame microbadges are a nice way of displaying game type preferences.

Any additional biographical or demographic information should be listed in the user profile.

Just my two cents but anything that dilutes the focus on boardgames should be avoided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimbo wrote:
I'd like to see microbadges limited to boardgame related microbadges only. This is a boardgame site and boardgames should be the focus of the site. Boardgame microbadges are a nice way of displaying game type preferences.

I wholeheartedly agree.

kimbo wrote:
Any additional biographical or demographic information should be listed in the user profile.

Hmm, so maybe now we should have profile badges?
Meant as a joke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.