Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabian Bohlmann
Germany
Hamburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question regarding the planet systems ability in which you can pay diplomacy points to drain 6 energy from any one enemys fleet not in this system.

First I understood this planet ability works like this: you can drain energy from any other fleet not located in this system.

But if you read the text exactly it states that you can only drain energy from any player's fleet not in this system.

So this would mean I am not allowed to drain energy from any fleet in- and outsystem belonging to players who share this system with me.

Which one is the correct interpretation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The latter is correct: You can only drain energy from a fleet if that fleet's owner has no fleet at the energy-draining system.

The draining ability can be devastating. Say that your strong fleet is confronting your opponent's strong fleet at another system. If you then place a fleet at the energy-draining system and use its ability, you can shift the odds highly in your favor in the contested system - a fleet without energy is often very much weakened. To prevent this, your opponent must also place a fleet at the energy-draining system to block the function but must then face your fleet there too.
Of course, there are other diplomatic tricks you can apply too, depending on your cards and amount of diplomatic points.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Bohlmann
Germany
Hamburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hej Jacob,

thanks for the explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.