Subject: It's raining men!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart McIntyre
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I have played many games over the years, this particular session is perhaps the most memorable session of all. We were just going thorough our ARP (adolecent Risk phase), and played every day for a couple of weeks at a friend's house.

The board was placed, as usual, precaroiusly and mostly-on on a hard, dining room chair in his room. Us lesser mortals sat round on the floor, but the owner he had taken THE CHAIR.

THE CHAIR was an enourmous fake-leather monstrosity that his parents had relegated to his room after recovering from the great taste-drought of the 1970's. Not only was it a huge black military-grade monolith - it also rotated and rocked. You might see where this is leading.

Like all Risk games, we had just passed the tipping point - someone was pulling ahead - maybe me - it's not important. However, things were looking bad for my friend. He was in a corner, and in Risk, there's not much you can do at that point. He showed his iritation but gripping the arms of THE CHAIR, and rocking and swivelling, trying in vain to devise a way to get out of his predicament.

Suddenly, but in slow motion, his swivelling and rocking went too far, and THE CHAIR began to tip. In a futile effort to regain his ballance, my friend shot his legs out, straight ahead. Too slow to prevent him falling, but he did succeed in kicking the overhanging edge of the board.

Now, obviously kicking one hundred plastic Risk pieces so hard that they fall as scattered showers throught the room is inherently hilarious even on it's own. But the real kicker for my friend was the fact that he was loosing, and annoyed at the fact... let's just say that was a very popular topic of conversation for the next few weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Have you tried the alternative version: "It's raining ale!!!"?
The official version goes like this...

A fantastically skilled gamer I know was about to thrash her opponent at Command & Colours when she accidentally knocked over her half-drunk pint of ale, which drowned a great deal of her and her opponent's troops! surprise

As if this wasn't tragic enough, she now keeps being "branded" as a bad looser by the said opponent - whom I cannot name in case he's hiding amongst the geeks (might even be masked )...

P.S.: Here's my revenge: lemoncamelorangecamelgoldencamellemoncamelorangecamelgoldencamellemoncamelorangecamelgoldencamel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Van Voorn
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is exactly what the game is meant for: kicking it!

Are you sure there isn't just the tiniest bit of ...?

No, it was an accident...
Really...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.