Cthulhu Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combat using Crawling Chaos Flying Polyps rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matt matt
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question regarding the Flying Polyp.

During the game I was playing as Chtulu and the player playing Crawling Chaos decided to pay me a visit with his Polyps. On my turn I moved my Cthulu in the area and during his turn he was pre-occupied by Black Goats move onto CC's territory so when it was my turn again I decided to use Cthulu and 1 Deep one to attack his 3 Polyps. I started by devouring one of his units and after that he used invisibility on my Deep One and used Seek and Destroy to bring in an extra Horror. We rolled and I rolled 3 kills and a pain. He rolled atleast 1 kill and we went to post-battle.

At that time the Black Goat player decided to bring a ghoul to the fight and add an extra pain to my invisible Deep one to which I replied that that wouldn't be logical as my Deep one was exempted from combat. (it was my only monster left protecting 2 cultists).

We argued a bit, the Black Goat player said that the Deep one monster was taking part of the battle even though he was turned invisible and I replied with the fact that he was exempted and thus did not take part of the battle at all.

So in short; who was right. Does the Deep one receive the extra pain caused by the ghoul or was the Deep one exempted from battle entirely. (we ruled in my favor at that time which helped protecting my cultists).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The deep one would have been exempted, because he was Invisible. Although, that extra pain could have been applied to your cultist, it doesn't only affect monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt matt
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
The deep one would have been exempted, because he was Invisible. Although, that extra pain could have been applied to your cultist, it doesn't only affect monsters.

Yes, I think I moved one of my cultists to another area.

Black Goat was interested in capturing one of them on his turn since I would be unable to move my units since I had battled during my turn with Crawling Chaos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:

So it is: The ghouls afflict additional pain on units which participated in the battle, which the deep one did not but all other units including all cultists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.