10 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Android: Netrunner new blog - Hades Shard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
(This was schedule to be posted last Saturday, but I had to work overtime twice last week. Sorry about that.)

"It has been a while since the last time I wrote about Android: Netrunner, and one thing that I have been requested is my review about Order and Chaos, since it has the two factions that I play. But, rather than make a card per card analysis, I want to talk about the game as a whole, and how it is going by now.

Most aspects of the game are doing fine by now. All factions seem to have a similar win rate in tournaments, Order and Chaos improved the weakest factions without making them too strong, most new identities have their space in the metagame (which is nice, compared to Creation and Control first weeks), and even SanSan Cycle’s Clot hasn’t ruined the game balance as some people were expecting. But there is something that is bothering about the current cardpool."

Read the full article here: https://hadesshard.wordpress.com/2015/04/21/praise-the-sun-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
The thing you hate the most is very weak to parasite, though I do think it positions shaper in one of the best places right now. I'm not sure that I agree AI always needed to be a tertiary support card. I think there's an interesting tension in "do I use/include this or not".

As far as not being able to play your deck as it was anymore; I'm also not sure that that's totally a bad thing. Its that whole "living" part of the lcg thing. Stuff changes overtime. I don't think you can show up with noise shop either anymore and expect it to just work.

The game changes. obla di obla da.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say the beauty of Grail ICE is that (a) it's not very useful unless you go all in and (b) each bit of it costs influence, whichever corp you're playing. So you should be able to spot whether a deck is using Grail fairly quickly. If it is, you need to slow down and make sure you're prepared for it, but outside of the Foundry you're unlikely to be defeated Turn 1 by an unexpected combination of subs (and if it's the Foundry, then expect Grail until proven otherwise).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Galbraith
Canada
Lower Sackville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really surprised to see Ken Tenma in F tier runners... Didn't he win Canadian Nationals last year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I thought that was odd to. Even if you just evaluate the card at face value, it has an equivalent ability to BABW except that it is also in the Criminal faction AND he has 2 extra influence. I know you can't really compare runners and corps directly but surely these two cards are at least tangentially comparable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Yeaaah, let's just say I disagree extremely strongly with, well, everything.

I particularly find it weird you say that tier lists are based on "proved power and actual win rates" and then proceed to put Stirling below Kim, Quetzal, Valencia and Reina Roja, all of which haven't won as many store championship put together than him.

I also find the idea that Kate is overpowered to be baffling so dunno. Let's just agree to disagree I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
I'm not sure that I agree AI always needed to be a tertiary support card. I think there's an interesting tension in "do I use/include this or not". [...] Stuff changes overtime. I don't think you can show up with noise shop either anymore and expect it to just work.

The game changes. obla di obla da.

I'm afraid you missed the point. The "do I include this or not?" tension is gone. You could play without AI and tutors before. You can't afford to do that anymore against grail decks.

While the Noise/Shop from 2 years ago has disappeared, the strategy plan behind it (using viruses to pressure the Archives) still exists. It is just that people replaced Workshop for Cache because it works better. Changing the game is different than removing an archetype from the game by releasing a hard counter.

Noise survived Jackson Howard. Scorched Earth survived Plascrete Carapace. Maybe "naked run based decks" will be able to be competitive again at mid-SanSan Cycle, but so far, they're dead, and I can't help feeling sad about it.

PaxCecilia wrote:
Really surprised to see Ken Tenma in F tier runners... Didn't he win Canadian Nationals last year?

[q="General_Norris"I particularly find it weird you say that tier lists are based on "proved power and actual win rates" and then proceed to put Stirling below Kim, Quetzal, Valencia and Reina Roja, all of which haven't won as many store championship put together than him.[/q]

My main research resources were NetrunnerDB, Stimhack and Acoo, so I probably missed all tournaments that weren't reported at these sites.

Also, I tried to make it as updated as possible, so whether Stirling was better than the others before Order and Chaos or not, I didn't considered it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see you writing about Netrunner again

Iain and Tenma are definitely not F tier. Iain's winrate is lower than it should be because he encourages jank builds. Blue Sun is A tier for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Divad Wothongton
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am amused that Weyland:BWBI is apparently so bad that it doesn't even warrant a tier ranking alongside Stronger Together and Nisei Division. Tee hee. I'm sure it was an accidental oversight and I have no doubt where it would be positioned (S! S! S!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
You're definitely misusing the term S-tier. S-tier means that if you're playing anything else, you're objectively wrong. Placing anything in S-tier means you're effectively calling for a ban. Andromeda, Kate and NEH are upper A-tier at most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.