Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does any company still make money off this? I doubt it. I know there are quite a few gamebooks that are available for free pdf download like the lone wolf games and a few others you can find on home of the underdogs. I was wondering because it would be great if someone could scan or reproduce sherlock holmes consulting detective and the expansions so they can be downloaded and printed. You have to pay up the nose quite often for any of the expansions and they are hard to find too. Especially west end adventures and adventures by gaslight. Does anyone have these scanned? I would love to get my hands on those expansions but the few times they show up on ebay, they are way too much for my budget. Please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
They certainly are not public domain, unless the copyright holders have put them there. I can never remember exactly how long copyright lasts where these days, but it's at least 75 years in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Cheyne
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I bought mine a couple of years ago direct from Chessex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb
Brewtal_Legend wrote:
Does any company still make money off this? I doubt it. I know there are quite a few gamebooks that are available for free pdf download like the lone wolf games and a few others you can find on home of the underdogs. I was wondering because it would be great if someone could scan or reproduce sherlock holmes consulting detective and the expansions so they can be downloaded and printed. You have to pay up the nose quite often for any of the expansions and they are hard to find too. Especially west end adventures and adventures by gaslight. Does anyone have these scanned? I would love to get my hands on those expansions but the few times they show up on ebay, they are way too much for my budget. Please let me know.

surprise Where on earth did you get the idea these are rare or expensive? They are not! Are you looking at the unsold copies here on BGG Marketplace?? Of course people will ask $50 for a game... but they'll never GET that much!! laugh

These go for a song! Not long ago I bought the first three for about $10 each. On ebay someone paid $25 for both the first and second game together, not a week ago! And eBay sellers never konw much about games... look for ones that say "game has 9 or 10 books". Those have at least one expansion in them, often two. I've sold dupes because of this.

Or look here for someone on BGG trading and work out a deal. Or set up notification via eBay. No, they don't come up for auction frequently, but by no means are these rare! And they are certainly not 'sought-after' enough for anyone to bother making .pdf's or getting sued for copyright violation! Get real!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn Hommes
Netherlands
Dordrecht
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only expansion I've found hard to find is "Adventures by Gaslight". I've bought West End Adventures from Noble Knight Games.

Don't get stuck on Amazon and Ebay and expand your search to other places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.