joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just turned over the kennels card.
It said must finish with in 2 turns.
We turned the card over at the end of the last players turn.
Does this mean we only have one turn to finish the card?
That doesnt seem very sporting.

plese help. game on going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds right. It's the danger of opening the door on the last hero's activation (i.e. never do that unless you have no choice).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
Selling board games during Brussels Games Festival 2018: check my for trade items. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Sounds right. It's the danger of opening the door on the last hero's activation (i.e. never do that unless you have no choice).
-shnar

I completely agree.

Having the possibility of refreshing fate (after successfully completing an encounter ) is generally better than avoiding the advancement of fate by one and a peril card (hoping it won’t increase doom !!yuk). Although close to the end of the game the situation may be different (especially for the final encounter).

We open a door if only one hero won't be able to perform his action(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the last two days very unsuccesful.
And that was my conclusion too. I always got the feeling of being pressed very hard on time. And I did not want to draw any perils cards.
But the time iussue is really only increased when you open a door on your last action of a turn.
I guess I'd better suck the peril card up and do a rest action or something instead of opening tha door and begin the next encounter a bit better prepared. It's not much fun immediately putting a timer token on the next encounter card and realizing that you have almost no time to accomplish anything.

Question: I went into the dungeon wit just 2 heroes. I draw them randomly and got Mad Carthos and Tatianna. I wanted to play classe I haven't seen yet.
So I picked Geomancer and Stalker. I found that I was a bit low on the damage side.

1) Is two heroes mor difficult than 3 or 4
2) Is the lack of a healer a no-go
3) Was my choice of class-combination stupid?

4) How do the summoned stones work with the automated monsters? In the COOP-rules it says if they are treated as heroes they can get attacked. But on the Stone-cards it says they are treated as obstacles. So... monsters ignore them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game can be really tricky without a healer, especially with only 2 heroes. I highly recommend some kind of healing class. Also, you start to 'game' the encounters, looking at how many turns you have left before you fail the encounter and maybe dragging it out to let your heroes rest without having to draw a Peril card, or timing it so the first hero to activate finishes the encounter and then the 2nd (in a 4 hero game) opens the next door.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
So far there was no question about 'dragging it out'. I was pressed so hard that I just I was never able to resolve an encounter early.
But yeah next time I'm going in with more than 2 heroes. And one will be a healer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Raley
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The kennel card does not necessarily end at the end of the second turn. The timer just causes a barghest to wake up. Yes, many of the encounters say to discard when the timer is triggered, but this is not one of them.

If that is the second barghest to wake up, then it would end the encounter (as the encounter does end if you wake or kill two barghests). So, I just carefully avoided waking any barghests during the next turn so that the I would have two turns to get to the Search token. It was moot, as I failed my stealth test and woke the second barghest anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you one-shot a Barghast in the Kennels (put enough unblocked hits in one attack to defeat it outright), does it “wake up?”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.