T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When changing a Public Opinion Card on a State Board (Rule 6.2.5 and Rule 6.2.8 in the Valley Games edition), the rules clerly say that you can NOT exchange with a card that is identical or contradictory to any face-up cards already on that State Board. Is this including the card that you are removing? Can you exchange a pro-genetic engineering card for an anti-genetic engineering card when taking advantage of having the most media markers (6.2.5) or having the most votes (6.2.8)? Or cannot the card chosen from the Exchange Pool on the Organization Board not be identical/contrdictory to any existing card on the State Board INCLUDING the one being removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can replace a card with its opposite in such instances, so far as I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowsher
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'll confirm what he said - a card can be replaced by its opposite. You just can't have duplicates or opposites remaining after the replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark and Robert, I appreciate the quick responses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.