Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco C
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Summary Sheet wrote:
Play this card when rolling for the column on Hades’ Tile (Threat side), after the die roll, you can roll again and add or subtract the second result to the original roll. The column is moved according to the total obtained (even if the first roll reached 9).

1- Do I get to use the card after the first roll is done or do I have to decide it before? (The rules say "Play this card when rolling for the column on Hades’ Tile (Threat side), (...)", so I'm not sure.)

2- If a subtraction results in a negative number, do I just not move the column at all as if the result had been zero?

EDIT: See comment below about the following clarification question

Clarification question: Is there a point to the Hades threat column token? If I understand the Hades mechanic correctly, the column is placed back at 0 before Phase 2 (The Gods) of every round and only moves right after that is done. So I don't need it to actually mark anything, I just have to see if the roll of both dice is equal to or greater than 9 every round, right?

Rulebook pg 2 wrote:
At the beginning of a round, place the Hades tile next to the game board with the “Threat” side up.

Place the Hades column on the “0” slot.

When it says a round, I'm assuming it means every round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I believe there is a translation error in the English rules...

The French rules say:
French rules wrote:
Au début du tour 1, placez la tuile Hadès à côté du plateau de jeu, face « menace » visible.
Placez une colonne grise sur la case 0.

So I guess it means Hades' threat keeps building up every round until it reaches 9. (I should have suspected really, but I forgot the dice go only up to 3, so it would be impossible to achieve 9 with a single roll of both of them.) So let me rephrase my 2nd question:

2- If a subtraction results in a negative number, do I move the column to the left by that amount or does it stay put? If it moves to the left, I assume it can never get lower than zero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Each turn, hades token is moved on the threat track until final score is 9 or more.
At this time, hades comes into play.

With Zeus aegis, you can choose to fasten or slow Hades threat.
After the standard roll, never mind the result, you can choose to play this card and add (to make hades coming sooner) or subtract (to slow hades) the result.

You cannot go under 0, but frankly speaking, you have no reason to use your card when hades token is at the beginning on the threat track
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what if Hades' threat is at 5 for the current round. then we roll a 2.
then using Aegis we roll a 3 and decide to subtract.

Does Hades' threat moves back to 4 or stays at 5?

thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
5+2=7
then
7-3=4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
5+2=7
then
7-3=4

Cool, the adding is clear now. But just to be absolutely clear: You decide to use the card AFTER the first roll is done, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.