Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to GMT's April 21 update, this expansion is scheduled for August 2015.
http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=317

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
Oops, you beat me to it! Great news anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
I got the digital stuff to updating the Vassal module,
so i hope, i get my ordered physical expansion soon too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today's GMT update says they're still on track for August, which is good news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
I... was coming here to say that! Damn, you guys are fast.

I may be crazy but I have the feeling that the expansion will be released in August this time.

Exp n°5 seems to have been treated differently from the others as it has not been announced as early as the others to be then continuously postponed. We'll see but I have a good feeling about it.

Bayernkini wrote:
I got the digital stuff to updating the Vassal module,
so i hope, i get my ordered physical expansion soon too

I assume you're under a confidentiality agreement about the content of the new expansion? If you aren't, I'd love to know more about it as I'm sure others would too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you aren't, I'd love to know more about it as I'm sure others would too.

Alessandro got the stuff to update the ccnapoleonics website also,
so i think, he will do this soon, then you get all the information you want
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
That's excellent news, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, someone else posted it yesterday on the main game board also.

whistle People's reactions can be very funny. For example, someone just said he'd have preferred to get the Grande Batailles first. It doesn't seem to have occurred to him that since the Leadership deck and rules will be included in GB, it would be incomplete without having Leadership out first.

Let's hope a timely Leadership release will help clear the way for GB to come faster eventually also, even though there are no announcements for it through the Fall for now. I'm hoping to get it for Christmas, and then Joyeax Noel!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
I was more interested in GB first but I understand the logic behind releasing first Marshals.

After GB, the game will be in a way "complete" so I'm not in a hurry to see it coming. Let's see what Marshals has in stores for us first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LNAGary wrote:

After GB, the game will be in a way "complete" so I'm not in a hurry to see it coming. Let's see what Marshals has in stores for us first.

I think there is room for an Egyptian/Ottoman army. Napoleon's Egyptian campaign, and the Russian-Ottoman war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo And, as was mentioned long ago, the War of 1812 in North America!

(Not to mention "Minor" Nations).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
Minedog3 wrote:
I think there is room for an Egyptian/Ottoman army. Napoleon's Egyptian campaign, and the Russian-Ottoman war.

Those are not as popular as the "main" napoleonic war from 1805 to 1815 and would probably be less bought, so I'm quite sure GMT won't go that way, just like they had started with the peninsular war and Waterloo in the base game to attract english players. This would probably not be a smart financial move to try and offer those periods.

I had read an article not too long ago of miniatures manufacturers who said they'd love to tackle other "areas" (revolutionary or egypt) of this period but can't because most players won't buy it and they'll end up losing a lot of money. It is likely the same thing apply for GMT and Napoleonics.

chas59 wrote:
goo And, as was mentioned long ago, the War of 1812 in North America!

(Not to mention "Minor" Nations).

It's probably the same for minor nations. They have never announced anything about them so I don't see them making an expansion about it. I'd love to be wrong about all this, though.

About the war of 1812, it is not part of the Napoleonic wars if I'm not mistaken? So I don't see it popping up as an expansion for Napoleonics. Could be published as a standalone game maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary,

Its not much of a stretch to call the War of 1812 "The Napoleonic Wars in North America." Wellington could have used his Peninsula veterans at Waterloo, who instead, along with his brother in law, were over here. And following your practical commercial thoughts, there is certainly a large purchasing audience on this side of the pond for it.

If not for the Haitian Revolt, Napoleon would have had a colony and an army down here in Louisiana himself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there was to be an American Army, I'd like to see the War of Independence battles as well as the 1812 battles.

I terms of game coverage, CCN could cover battles from around 1700-1840s, and I've fiddled around with US Civil War scenarios as well. So there are all sorts battles that could be considered, the 7 Years War in particular sees ideal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, among the many "Obscure Wars" that I've gamed out with 54mm minis, The Carlist Wars of Spain would fit right in.

Also, Napoleonic Campaign Books like those done for Memoir 44 would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
mbmbmbmb
Alessandro opened the expansion 5 section on

http://www.ccnapoleonics.net/Rules/Expansion-5/

We add next days more informations to all new stuff, also some additional clarifications of the new game mechanics and scenario notes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,

Cheers to you and Alessandro for providing us with an advanced look into the future of C&C Napoleonics! This is heady stuff, and as Mr. Borg has said, will provide the most significant augmentation of CCN since its original publication.

The few tactical card reveals are exciting, and the idea that Grande Bataille will allow for the use of Corps Commanders is, after all, what Napoleonic warfare is all about! The Grand Battery concept is simplicity itself. The Take Command Cards even move the game into a Radius of Command direction! The default card function of repositioning your Leaders and related mechanics make Leaders now a crucial (if not THE crucial) component of your army. All with the simplicity and elegance we have come to expect from Commands and Colors games. Wow!

A number of things bring the game even closer to miniatures rules, such as the British Rocket Battery, which to me is the most exciting of the new units. Its just as wacky as it should be, which is carefully explained in the historical notes. Rocket on, C&C Gamers!

Now
we are starting to play the game Richard plays with his own pals. Merci bien.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
The Leader of Honor concept, found in the text of all Take Command cards, is a concept reserved for a later expansion

And then i have a new usage of my customized labels for personality leaders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankfully, the new July GMT update still lists CCN Leadership as August!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Paulsen
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has GMT ever done a Kickstarter?

Example: Base game C&C: Napoleonics Other theaters 6

A. 1812 & Southeastern US(Light Blue?) & Florida (to 1820) [Jackson]
B. Ottoman & Egypt & North Africa
C. Map: Side 1 Swamp, Side 2 Desert/Steppe

Stretch Goal:
D. Add Dutch(Orange)East Indies, South Africa and Waterloo
E. Add India [Wellington]
F. Add Rio de la Plata
G. Add Sweden (light Blue?) Pomeria & North Germany

Maybe a less riskier venture for GMT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joseph,

Don't get me wrong; I'd love to see that stuff. But in a sense Kickstarter is modeled on GMT's P500 program. Once enough people have signed up ("backed") for the company to break even, they know they can proceed. And so, in the future, I expect they'll just keep doing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.