Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Traders of Genoa might be perfect for a "strip" variant. Just add the clothes into the list of "tradeable commodities".

"I'll give you a 1:1 and your pants back for the action on Villa Colini."

(Clarifies the meaning of "losing your shirt" in business?)

Hmm. On second thoughts, most guys I know would open the game with negative assets.

"I'll give you 5 ducats and accept my pants back if you give me City Hall."

(I wonder if this will be hit with that "Report a Concern" thing?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
At the WBC auction this year, auctioneer Bruce Reiff was heard to say (after getting no bids on a particularly sorry lot) "somebody bid a dollar or I start taking off clothes!" It worked; he got a bid of a dollar.

As the guy who bid the dollar came back to his seat carrying the game, he said to his buddies "you guys each owe me a quarter!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pah we all know there should be more nudity in boardgaming....
I'd have waited at least until he was swinging his shirt around his head!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Barno
United States
Unspecified
Earth
flag msg tools
Eric Brosius wrote:
At the WBC auction this year, auctioneer Bruce Reiff was heard to say (after getting no bids on a particularly sorry lot) "somebody bid a dollar or I start taking off clothes!" It worked; he got a bid of a dollar.

As the guy who bid the dollar came back to his seat carrying the game, he said to his buddies "you guys each owe me a quarter!"

I know Bruce Reiff; I've played Diplomacy and a bunch of boardgames with him. Had I been there, I would have bid twenty bucks to prevent what he threatened! Thanks, Eric.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.