Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandro Ricco'
Italy
Modena
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Vichy government was not installed in our current game, and mainland France will soon be incompletely conquered. When that happens, will the Foreign Troop Commitment rules still apply to the conquered home country?

In other words, can CW land units invade/liberate axis-controlled France?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Hasforth
Denmark
Copenhagen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Metropolitan France is no longer the home country of an incompletely conquered France. So no FTC for CW units in Metropolitan France.

T.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Harned
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me ask a follow-up question.

Russia surrenders to Japan which now "owns" the USSR islands in the Pacific as part of the surrender. These islands would be conquered territory.

Later the US invade the islands. Do they have to liberate them to Russia and thus fall under FTC, or can they keep them and not have to meet FTC?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
dougofdeath wrote:
Let me ask a follow-up question.

Russia surrenders to Japan which now "owns" the USSR islands in the Pacific as part of the surrender. These islands would be conquered territory.

Later the US invade the islands. Do they have to liberate them to Russia and thus fall under FTC, or can they keep them and not have to meet FTC?

Technically I think that would be "reversion" not liberation (same part of the rules though); purely optional on the part of the US.

But some of those islands NEVER required FTC because they were/are not part of the USSR's home country. Kamchatka (the bit with Petropavlovsk) and the islands near it are a territory because a Soviet marine could not walk to them from Moscow without hitting open water/impassible hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wendell is correct that per the rules definition, Kamchatka etc isn't part of Russian home country (even though they should connect, the off map areas aren't there).

That said, other areas that are, such as Sakhalin, Vladivostok etc, are still considered Russian home country hexes even after being ceded to Japan, because they don't belong to another separate home country or territory. Only if Russia is conquered (completely or incompletely) would those hexes cease to require FTC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Jurin
United States
Great Neck
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please be aware here of what Andrew said, this rule is very often played incorrectly (because it isn't intuitive). So for example, the US cannot invade southern China, even in Japanese controlled hexes, without satisfying FTC.

Note the difference here (IMPORANT) between enemy controlled hexes in the home country of a non-cooperating ally and hexes in a CONQUERED home country (when it is no longer the home country of that major power).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Ricco'
Italy
Modena
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very clear, thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.